I shed a tear...

Axis39

Reaction score
It's custom alright....

That is the product of a child with not enough time playing outside every day.

JamesG

Reaction score
I was hoping this was a NGD thread and the guitar was so beautiful you cried as you brought it home.........Boy was I wrong.

Robert Parker

Reaction score
I'll give you $10 for it.

No, wait, you give me $10 to take it from you.

Funkwire

Reaction score
There are a lot of people going to hell...but whoever did that to that guitar is taking the express train.

Ed Man

Reaction score
It was used to whack large game in the head while hunting!

rlconklin

Reaction score
Just from looking at the pictures, I'm pretty sure that isn't a real Gibson. The openings in the back seem to be in the wrong location (not to mention the the opening behind the volume and tone pots isn't even close to being right), and the headstock looks pretty funny to me.

Deej

Reaction score
That thing has been so extensively moded that it is nearly impossible to tell if it's authentic. None of the hardware is authentic (I'm betting even the bridge posts were replaced for the black hardware), and with the pots moved and the cavity routed out, I suppose you could ask for pics inside the cavity to see if the original holes were patched, or if it came like that (which would immediately say fake).

But even if it was an obvious re-route job, that doesn't lend any to authenticity. They could have bought a fake, done such extensive rework and be trying to make a buck on it by covering all that up.

Unless they have before pics and authenticity papers, I'd just consider it a fake, unfortunately for them.

Thundergod

Reaction score
Momma taught me when I had nothing good to say it was better to not say anything at all.:laugh2:

Latest Threads