I Never REALLY Believed that . . .

GrandJunction

Reaction score
. . . someday I would own my 'Dream Guitar' - but, here it is.

GLPC3.jpg

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i love 3 pup black beauties…yours Is stunning..love it
a gold top and bb 3 pup would be the only guitars I owned if only allowed 2…no question

the 3 pup is wildly under-rated in versatility…I often route a 3rd pup into Lesters but it takes me forever as I’m a slow/not good wood worker…
otherwise all mine would already have a middle pup

jimmys work in the studio with his black beauty was my favorite non-zeppelin work

mjross

Reaction score
. . . someday I would own my 'Dream Guitar' - but, here it is.

View attachment 614307
Congrats, you’re going to love it! I heard that the middle pickup gets in your way but I found that after playing mine for a little while you get use to it and it’s no big deal. Mine is a little heavy but I really don’t care. Great guitars very versatile, one of my best Les Pauls IMHO and they look sooooooo cool! Here’s a pic of your guitars left handed twin…

1654871408328.jpeg

GrandJunction

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you for your congratulations and comments.

I was a bit disconcerted when I first pulled the case out of the shipping box, because the guitar and case together seemed to weigh about 25 pounds – but once I got the guitar out of the case and strapped it on, the weight was very comfortable; (sorry, no scale for a precise reading). To be sure, this 3-pickup model is an entirely different animal than my 2-pickup Custom Lite. It took me a good few hours (and some frustration) to get the pickups set to heights where I got the specific tones that I was looking for. The middle pickup definitely offers a more Fender-ish sound than a standard Les Paul, and due to my picking style, I did have to drop down that middle pickup quite a bit to get away from too many pick 'clicks' coming through the amplifier.

In the end I am happy with my purchase. I got $1,000 off because it was a ‘blemish’ model, (a ‘blemish’ that I have not seen yet). Although I haven’t played live since before Covid, this guitar has really inspired me to get out and get something going again . . . even if it’s just a couple of local open-mics. Also, I had been sitting on some song lyrics for about a week or so, and wasn’t able to come up with a good matching chord progression to work with the song – but as soon as I got my tone set up on this guitar, the song came together almost immediately . . . so, next week I will be back in the studio with my new toy.

Thanks again!

Latest Threads