I need the cheapest blank TRC out there

v-man

Reaction score
Where can I find the blank bell for cheap? I don’t want to spend much at all. Thanks.

Gitter

Reaction score
You can get Chinese knockoffs on Amazon for under $10 or a real one for $15 w/free shipping at Zzounds...

Knoby

Reaction score
The cheapest would be to make your own. Get any piece of black plastic and shape it with anything sharp that you have handy.

v-man

Reaction score
The cheapest would be to make your own. Get any piece of black plastic and shape it with anything sharp that you have handy.
my time shopping/waiting/attempting/screwing up/remaking + raw materials cost probably makes this the most expensive option out there for the scale of 1 piece.

so far I got $7.99 shipped on ebay.

v-man

Reaction score
Why would you not just pay a couple bucks more and get the real Gibson one?
I like Gibson guitars, almost exclusively so over their copies. I have kept an eye out for their pots/pups/hardware on builds.

However, there are times where Gibson provides NOTHING but a financial drain with certain offerings. There is no performance, aesthetic, or structural advantage paying 2x to Gibson for a blank TRC, nor is there even a way of verifying it’s even a Gibson part other than the wrapper it came in.

v-man

Reaction score
Go to Guitar Center with a phillip screwdriver........... that is about as cheap as it gets......unless you get caught. :p
they put the Gibsons 12’ up in mine. Mistrustful bastards. I should bring a set of epis from the parts bin and do a pup swap as well. Anybody down for an uproarious distraction over there?

mudface

Boo Bee
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
they put the Gibsons 12’ up in mine. Mistrustful bastards. I should bring a set of epis from the parts bin and do a pup swap as well. Anybody down for an uproarious distraction over there?
Just send them to look for a guitar case..... they’ll be gone for an hour.

v-man

Reaction score
Get some Silly Puddy

Pack er in them hole

.done
Silly putty probably costs what a cheap trc does and looks like foreskin. Not exactly the handy substitute for an understated cover.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The price of a blank TRC generic or otherwise is cheap, I wouldn't worry about it and just get the right one that fits. I would not want to get one and it doesn't line up right and have to send it back and get another one.

Latest Threads