I need replacement plastics parts advice...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the impatience folks... I posted this question in the Norlin section last night, so I apologize for the cross posting again, here.

I am getting ready to tear down my guitar for a bridge & tail piece upgrade and as long as it's apart, I want to replace the pup rings, pick guard and poker chip, too.

This is for a 1981 LPC

I'm looking for replacement pickup rings, pick guard and selector switch poker chip. I want to change from the original black ones (see my avatar) to cream. I replaced the black speed knobs with vintage gold top hats and want to change the plastic now.

Any advice on finding ones that will fit and look good? There seem to be a lot of varieties and different sizes. I'm not sure and don't want to find out "the hard way"

Also, this may be the easy way out... Does anyone think the standard "Gibson Branded" stuff they sell at MF/SW/Etc. will fit?

Like these:

Pup Ring Bridge
Pup Ring Neck
Historic Pup Ring Set
Pickguard - Standard
Pickguard - Historic

splatter

Reaction score
From my experience plastic made by most everyone fits , but the Gibson stuff should fit for sure

Findthetone

Reaction score
All of them fit. Gibson, Allparts, Mojotone. Where you are going to run into frustration with cream plastics is finding parts that all match in color. I've put Gibson Historic plastics side by side and they were different in shade.

Latest Threads