I need a whole new set of pedals!

dubcut

Reaction score
Honorable mention...Ibanez DL all over ebay between 60-70 USD...Has Hi-filter and lo-fi repeats...just sayin.... I played it and liked it...especially when similar features in another brand were in the 120 range...

Reaction score
I've got a Holy Grail Nano, Bad Monkey, and when tax return arrives I'm getting a Hardwire Delay and MXR Micro Flanger. I think that will be all the pedals I'll need to get by. Wouldn't mind a good fuzz though.

Having purchased them, now I have to say that the Hardwire DL-8 and the MXR Micro Flanger are both badass and well worth the money. Highly recommend.

Mr_Wormwood

Reaction score
Keeley Boss DS1.
TC Electronics Delay.
Boss NS2 or the silver pedal with one knob that's amazing at noise reduction.
EHX Electric Mistress.
MXR Phase 90.

Multi effects? Go with the Tc's if you want real quality.

I have a Boss NS2 noise suppressor that I am not using anymore. I was selling it locally on Craigslist for 50.00 but if you want it and don't mind paying whatever actual shipping is, I would be happy to sell it to another member rather than a stranger on CL.

50.00+shipping seems to be what they are going for on Ebay.

It is a very good pedal, and I am only selling because I got a good deal on the silver one with one knob (ISP Decimator)

Let me know if you are interested with a PM...if not no problem, I'll just continue with Craigslist or Ebay.

Edit: NM just did a search for Cardiff and I see you are over the pond. Shipping would not make it worth it

huw

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^

Post #24 before someone come in with that line... i was having a bet with myself.

Ok - firstly not all Boss pedals are "tone suckers". They have a huge range and there is a wide variety. Some pedals get complained about a lot, others never. Don't dismiss an entire product line just because of some vague comments about certain pedals. I have a couple of Boss pedals that I have no complaints about. One is sat on my board right now, next to some very boutique company, and it's not a probalem.

Secondly "tone suck" is in the ear of the beholder - I can think of at least one Boss pedal where there is a phase reversal when the pedal is engaged. It's not a "loss" of tone, but the ear can detect it, if you are listening for it. Some guys will hear that & just think "tone sucker" & move on, others may decide that actually all the tone is still there, just phase reversed, and love the pedal.

Trust your own ears.

dubcut

Reaction score
And very painful to mod the tonesuck out. I mean, a 100 dollar pedal, with a hoke drilled in it at the EXISTING footswitch? ridiculous.

Just my opinion guys, but I find Boss pedals to be tone suckers.

scooter500

Reaction score
You said chorus. I have an ehx chorus. It's a bit edgy. That can be good sometimes. My buddy has the boss ce 2 and it's a bit smoother than my ehx. That can be great sometimes.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
You said chorus. I have an ehx chorus. It's a bit edgy. That can be good sometimes. My buddy has the boss ce 2 and it's a bit smoother than my ehx. That can be great sometimes.

10+ year old thread.

hbucker

Reaction score
I love my MXR - EVH Flanger.

Chorus pedals are always a very slippery endeavor for me. I currently have an EH - Stereo Electric Mistress pedal that does what I need it to. But I've yet to find 'that' chorus pedal. The Boss Super Chorus was just flat for me. Can't recommend that.

I use a Phase 90 (EVH) often instead of a chorus pedal. I prefer mine in 'script' mode because it's a smoother effect. So I'd suggest either the EVH model or a script model. But the standard would probably do you just fine with nothing else to compare it to and because it's cheaper.

Big Dik

Reaction score
Try out other pedals in your budget. You never know what you will like.

Latest Threads