I need a whole new set of pedals!

jakedisaster

Reaction score
So i'm getting rid of my multi board, and getting a whole set of new pedals.

Bassicly the effects i use are Distortion, delay, chorus and flanger.

The ones on my list to get are
Boss DD-3 Digital delay
Boss NS2 Supressor
Boss DS-1 Distortion

I still need a chorus and flanger pedals.
Anyone got any suggestions on what i should get, and if the pedals i've got on my lists are good ones or not?
Total newbee when it comes to pedals!

TWANG

Reaction score
I've got a DS-1 modified.. better than stock.
same price as new, plus 5.00 shipping.

I built my own overdrive and it's more to my liking.
I used a combination of Keely mods and Huevos Grandes..

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think now, you'll like the DS-1. But I'll be the first to tell you, it's not that good :laugh2:

I would look into the new pedal MXR is releasing this year. It's called the 78' Bad *** Distortion.

Also look into more MXR. IMHO, their much better than boss! But, if boss makes you happy, then get boss :thumb:

Sharp9

Reaction score
If you are into Boss, why not just get GT10? I think its effects are pretty much the same as stompboxes, plus you will have a looper. I had GT10 but sold it to upgrade to higher end pedals.

Sharp9

Reaction score
Not to say I didnt like the GT10, its amp modelling is not the best, but effects are quite good. If you have FX loop in your amp, you can just use effects on GT10

Grey

Reaction score
Also look into more MXR. IMHO, their much better than boss! But, if boss makes you happy, then get boss :thumb:

My problem with MXR is that they charge borderline boutique prices for what is essentialy a mass produced product like Boss.

Leendrix

The Cheeky One
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My problem with MXR is that they charge borderline boutique prices for what is essentialy a mass produced product like Boss.

True, but it's all analog... most of it... I don't know... :laugh2:

Guitar Freak

Reaction score
They are all analog. They have the same prices that boss does, and yes, some boutique companies :D

Grey

Reaction score
They are all analog. They have the same prices that boss does, and yes, some boutique companies :D

Their cheapest pedal is 70$, and after that prices quickly skyrocket into the 200$ range. Analog or not, its still mass-produced. Boss is a better bang for the buck.

Barcslay

Reaction score
I've never been a huge fan of boss.

That being said, check out danelectro. If you can't afford to spend $600 all outright on pedals at once, look into some cheaper options. Modtone, deltalab, danelectro. Try everything out and pick what sounds best to your ears

Guitar Freak

Reaction score
Their cheapest pedal is 70$, and after that prices quickly skyrocket into the 200$ range. Analog or not, its still mass-produced. Boss is a better bang for the buck.

I am not on either side, but technically, MXR's cheapest is $40, same as boss's. Plus, boss can get expensive too. Even more so than MXR.

DD-20 - $230
RT-20 - $200
CE-20 - $200-ish
RC-2 - $200
DD-7 - $170
RE-20 - $250
PS-6 - $150
RC-20 - $250
RC-50 - $500

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

JakeM

Reaction score
Analogue is best, just I noticed such a big difference, Hey jake, All id say is review what pedals you actually will use. I used to think I would need 10 or 12 but I only need 5 or 6...well I dont need them but more than 6 is too much for me plus it would be easy for you to cart around

jake

Guitar Freak

Reaction score
Well said, I used to "Want" a lot of gear, but then I acutally played through some of it, and realized how much I didn't like it. Thing is, this guy wants 3 pedals... I'm cool with that. :cool:

Reaction score
I've got a Holy Grail Nano, Bad Monkey, and when tax return arrives I'm getting a Hardwire Delay and MXR Micro Flanger. I think that will be all the pedals I'll need to get by. Wouldn't mind a good fuzz though.

ehamady6

Reaction score
I also got rid of my multieffects processor (Boss GT-10) and went back to pedals. I never could get a heavy, tight enough distortion out of it. Once I got the MXR Fullbore I sold the GT-10 the next day. If I ever go back to a processor it will only be the Axe-FX Ultra (over $2,000). Check out this dude's tone:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP_5ovJWoOU[/ame]

Texas Joe

Reaction score
Everyone is giving you great advice... My experience with a multieffects pedal is that to me, they sound a little sterile. Then the instructions... I have a short attention span. That being said, my only experience is with Digitech's multieffects not boss. Ive seen but never used a GT-10 and they are bad ass. For what it costs new, you would spend that on a few pedals but have more effects with the GT-10.

My advice, experiment with them. Go to a store and play the shit out of em. Im partial to stomp boxes only because thats all that was available when I started. Good luck and have fun...

PurpleFlanger

Reaction score
Keeley Boss DS1.
TC Electronics Delay.
Boss NS2 or the silver pedal with one knob that's amazing at noise reduction.
EHX Electric Mistress.
MXR Phase 90.

Multi effects? Go with the Tc's if you want real quality.

darrenw5094

Reaction score
Keeley Boss DS1.
TC Electronics Delay.
Boss NS2 or the silver pedal with one knob that's amazing at noise reduction.
EHX Electric Mistress.
MXR Phase 90.

Multi effects? Go with the Tc's if you want real quality.

Silver pedal with one knob is the ISP Decimator.
TC Electronic Flashback delay out soon. Tastey pedal.
MXR Phase 90 - the script version is the better option.

zontar

Reaction score
I think now, you'll like the DS-1. But I'll be the first to tell you, it's not that good :laugh2:

I love my DS-1--it's not modded, and never will be.

If price is no object, for a flanger get one of these They're $300, but sound great.

Latest Threads