I Need A Good, Simple, High Quality Looper Pedal

Mannish Boy

Reaction score
What and why is your favorite looper pedal. I can run loops with my recording equipment but I need something that's hands free that I can hit on the fly.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I was going to recommend looking at DigiTech, but it looks like they pulled all their Looper Pedals.

Sounds like your needs are basic. If you're not looking import, export, or save multiple loops, and just work with a single, stereo (2 channel) loop, Boss RC-1 is the way to go. It seems to have the longest loop time (12min) for a single loop. Ditto only allows 5min.

Boss has really increased their Loop Station models since I last looked. There is bound to be one in there that meets your needs. There weren't this many choices when I got my Digitech JamMan Stereo 8 years ago. Perhaps that's why Digitech discontinued their line. They may be getting to release a whole new line up of loopers.

tigerflame

Reaction score
The MXR is my personal favourite. It's underrated but offers a lot of great features.

bungle

Reaction score
Got the ditto mini & the Ditto 2. They are simple to use is the main reason. I prefer the 2 because you can use the second button to stop it. The mini you need to double click to stop. My favorite is my Pigtronics but that was a fair amount of coin. The boss pedals are great but the only one I've owned is the RC 20 which was to complicated for my needs. I guess it depends on your needs. I just like to create a backing track, maybe add some melody then solo over top.

Mannish Boy

Reaction score
Got the ditto mini & the Ditto 2. They are simple to use is the main reason. I prefer the 2 because you can use the second button to stop it. The mini you need to double click to stop. My favorite is my Pigtronics but that was a fair amount of coin. The boss pedals are great but the only one I've owned is the RC 20 which was to complicated for my needs. I guess it depends on your needs. I just like to create a backing track, maybe add some melody then solo over top.
Thanks man that is exactly the info I'm after.

tramp

Reaction score
I have the Boss RC 3 and I dig it. It takes some time to figure all the functions out but once you do its a pretty cool little gizmo. You can download baking tracks to it if you want, which is a real cool feature. They are a bit pricey but worth it in my opinion.

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a looper. I'd have to look at my Google sheet to see what I have.

tzd

Reaction score
Depends how simple you want. If you can live with looping no more than 17.8 seconds, there is no better pedal out there than the Akai Headrush E2. The user interface is just perfect for live usage, none of the other pedals I have tried has come close to that. KT Tunstall still keeps coming back to this pedal although she has tried to use a few other more modern pedals.

Mannish Boy

Reaction score
Just a minute or so should be fine. Just need enough time for verse, chorus, and bridge. I have a full 24 track but I need a looper to hit bits on the fly with just a tap of the button.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Just a minute or so should be fine. Just need enough time for verse, chorus, and bridge. I have a full 24 track but I need a looper to hit bits on the fly with just a tap of the button.
Both Boss and Ditto have a basic looper for under $100.

The Boss is "Boss" sized, stereo, 12minutes, and has a nice light bar that shows you how much time is in the loop. It also has another jack that allows you to plug in another foot switch, giving you two button functionality.

1606925838152.png

The Ditto is a smaller, mini pedal, mono, and has a 5 min loop.

1606925804544.png

Both sound like they will fit your needs.

I've actually tried the RC-1. and liked it.
I don't know of anyone who has dissed the Ditto.

Perhaps form factor or having stereo will help you decide.

I don't have any con's. to report for a single button looper.

Last edited:

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take a look at it and give me the pros and cons about it please.
It's a Nano 360. I tried it once and put it away. I don't know the pros and cons, I'm just not ready for a looper.

Mannish Boy

Reaction score
Thanks for y'alls input, I really do appreciate it.
I've settled on the Ditto, looks like it will do just what I need. Now Amazon needs to get off their ass and bring it to me!
Thanks again folks.

Hecubus

Reaction score
Ditto mini: Small, dummy proof, nice action on the button (easy click), volume has good range, light is easy to see.

Mine replaced the Digitech JamMan XT which was awesome but more looper than I needed: drum beats/clicks, xd card for storage, interfaced with DAW. In the end it was just more complicated than what I wanted.

Oops. Just saw that you ordered the Ditto. Enjoy!

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ditto mini: Small, dummy proof, nice action on the button (easy click), volume has good range, light is easy to see.

Mine replaced the Digitech JamMan XT which was awesome but more looper than I needed: drum beats/clicks, xd card for storage, interfaced with DAW. In the end it was just more complicated than what I wanted.

Oops. Just saw that you ordered the Ditto. Enjoy!
lol, I went the other direction, because I found the Ditto to restrictive.

Latest Threads