I love ES Guitars

mdubya

Reaction score
I wonder if Andertons or Thomann??? might be taking advantage to these big Gibson blowouts?

mrfett

Gibson AF
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet it is a 2015. They kinda screwed up using T first because they didn't realize the letters were supposed to advance backwards. I bet they just said "screw it" and reused S.

mrfett

Gibson AF
Premium Member
Reaction score

It also appears either the entire bridge was swapped or just the saddles were swapped to nylon.
Oh now I see, your bridge is wired with nylon saddles and a locking mechanism. Yeah that isn't stock. Everything else looks right though.

Thing is, there never were cherry red '59 ES-330s so if it sounds good leave it. I've had the wired bridges rattle on me but some sound great. Easy enough to swap with a wireless brass saddle one next string change to see what you think. Nice thing about the locking mechanism is it stays in place during string changes...

yeatzee

Reaction score
Oh now I see, your bridge is wired with nylon saddles and a locking mechanism. Yeah that isn't stock. Everything else looks right though.

Thing is, there never were cherry red '59 ES-330s so if it sounds good leave it. I've had the wired bridges rattle on me but some sound great. Easy enough to swap with a wireless brass saddle one next string change to see what you think. Nice thing about the locking mechanism is it stays in place during string changes...
Yeah I discovered it's tonepros G formula avr2 bridge, so it's locking and has the wire but it's made not to rattle (it doesn't at all) and the nylon is supposed to mimic the old Gibson nylon only its more lubricated. I've got no complaints with it yet so it stays!

zombiwoof

Reaction score
Yeah I discovered it's tonepros G formula avr2 bridge, so it's locking and has the wire but it's made not to rattle (it doesn't at all) and the nylon is supposed to mimic the old Gibson nylon only its more lubricated. I've got no complaints with it yet so it stays!
You just reminded me that somewhere in my parts accumulation, I have a brand new in the package Nickel Tonepros ABR bridge with metal saddles. I had ordered an Allparts Old Style Tunematic, which has mounting holes that fit on Nashville posts, and because it was going to be backordered for some time the guy at the store sent me the Tonepros instead. It was actually a more costly bridge, and had the regular holes to fit on ABR posts, so I put it away and ordered the Allparts bridge elsewhere, so I got a deal on the Tonepros one. I'll have to stick it on one of my Gibsons whenever the ABR's start to get funky, the locking screws are pretty cool.
Al

gnappi

Reaction score
L to R

345, 335, 335, 347, Lucille, 333, 2018 330 w/HB's, CS330L, 339

MSB

Reaction score
L to R

345, 335, 335, 347, Lucille, 333, 2018 330 w/HB's, CS330L, 339
hell of a collection, I'd be happy with just one of those, but that 339 is huge.

gnappi

Reaction score
hell of a collection, I'd be happy with just one of those, but that 339 is huge.
No it's not huge, it's just perspective, they were all taken separately and then stitched with paint shop.