I Just Love Delusional Sellers....

Brians Evil Twin

Poophoria Sōtō Zen
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Slight upcharge for the sweet relicing job and routing for generic humbuckers.

vklobucar

Reaction score
I hear ya!

There is a local seller here in Montreal who has an 1981 Tobacco Les Paul for sale. His listing says make me an offer but he stated that it was worth $4500.00 because he had it appraised recently.

Um ok....Best of luck on your sale buddy :)

I mean a Heritage 80 probably but a Standard?

I dunno...

StudioFan

Reaction score
I was going to start the same thread after some shopping around last night online .

Stripped out GLP Studio body only white late 80’s ebony board Headstock broken clean off STILL Wants $699 !

GLP Fireball body and neck ...neck broken CLEAN OFF BELOW THE NUT for only $1599 and “priced accordingly” !

And I could go on and on . Come on people .

jkes01

Reaction score
@VictorB, hope you don’t mind, but I found a black ‘80 LP standard with chainsaw case for $2100. Says it 9/10 condition. That seem like a fair price?

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score
@VictorB, hope you don’t mind, but I found a black ‘80 LP standard with chainsaw case for $2100. Says it 9/10 condition. That seem like a fair price?
What it says and what it is are two different things...

All in all it's not a bad price, if it is truly 9/10 condition, and hasn't been repaired, messed with, etc,

stringbender11

Reaction score
I was going to start the same thread after some shopping around last night online .

Stripped out GLP Studio body only white late 80’s ebony board Headstock broken clean off STILL Wants $699 !

GLP Fireball body and neck ...neck broken CLEAN OFF BELOW THE NUT for only $1599 and “priced accordingly” !

And I could go on and on . Come on people .
That Studio in your avatar looks exactly like mine, SF. And in keeping with the thread's subject, you'll be happy to know that I saw another Studio exactly like ours on Reverb today that the seller wants $1,400 for. Clearly our guitars have seriously shot up in value. :cheers2:

KP11520

Reaction score
Think the delusions are from drugs or really the way he is?

I did have a 71 to 73 LP Deluxe Cherry Burst routed (poorly) for early T-Tops. She was as experienced as a hooker in a Navy port, but she played sweet and she screamed. Stolen in 88. LOVED that bad girl! But I wouldn't pay $5200 for it EITHER. I think you're valuation is not far from what someone desperate for a Norlin Deluxe convert will pay.

jkes01

Reaction score
What it says and what it is are two different things...

All in all it's not a bad price, if it is truly 9/10 condition, and hasn't been repaired, messed with, etc,
It has a Duncan whole lotta humbucker, everything else looks original. Hardly any finish issue from what I can see. The only thing I question is the logo is gold silkscreen. :dunno:

[EDIT] Upon 2nd look, the control cavity has been monkey’d with and the bridge and tailpiece are not original.

Last edited:

Duane_the_tub

Reaction score
The LP reissue groups on a certain popular social networking site are seeing similar delusions. Guys are putting R9s up for sale at $5K+ based solely on their tops.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
A routed Deluxe? Ridiculous at best....

That's not being delusional....more like dumbassery....

There is a store an hour or so away that has had a run of the mill Deluxe for 3600 IIRC...for the last couple of years....

Maybe it is something in the water in some areas...

judson

Reaction score
i like the ones where it shows they listed something for sale 2 years ago !!......and its still there!

that is delusional .....um 2 years and still there..ya think your price its a tad too high?

a year or two back i bought my 72 GT from a guy that wanted $3850 so i sent him what i considered a lowball offer of $2600 and he took it!!....im happy as hell, i still got it, plays great and looks great.

make the guy an offer of 60% off his price....ya never know :fingersx:

let me know if you want me to...im not bashful, it might be worth $2500 but is it really a 70 ?...i didnt check that close...no im wrong on the pancake

Last edited:

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some pawn shops crack me the hell up too....

It looks like a Skrat so it must be rare vintage one of a few ain't nobody else got one in this state SKrats that Stevie Ray Flapton sweated all over one time in a brazilian house of ill repute when he was on tour in Tupelo in the thirties so it must be worth 6K...with a genuine vintage Esteban gig bag....

Jeremiah

The Worst
Premium Member
Reaction score
A-home buys 3200$ Overpriced les Paul, without wife’s permission. “But honey, it is an investment. Ok if it makes you happy, I’ll list it and show you how money savvy this deal was”...

StudioFan

Reaction score
That Studio in your avatar looks exactly like mine, SF. And in keeping with the thread's subject, you'll be happy to know that I saw another Studio exactly like ours on Reverb today that the seller wants $1,400 for. Clearly our guitars have seriously shot up in value. :cheers2:
Ah yes that’s my 93 I got a year ago out of Cali.
Thing is unreal.
You have good taste . Let’s see yours ?
Doppelgänger ?

Paid $415 for it .
Added pickguard ON and slipped new neck pickup cover on.. didn’t even solder it .

Got to be worth $1400 , or more ! :cheers2: