I just learned that this guitar exists:

smk506

Reaction score
They came out a few years ago to little fanfare and excitement here.

We did talk about them a bit a few times though. The general consensus was that they should have put an explorer headstock on there.

I think they look cool, I’d play one. They were typically stupid expensive though.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd love to try one, I think they look awesome. At least, I like the look much more than a regular Double Cut. I'm mostly surprised that I'd never heard anything about them, though!

smk506

Reaction score
I like the black and the red ones, but I gotta say I think that the green metallic would follow me home if it had a chunker neck and an attractive sales price.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I like the Goldtop one a lot. If the used prices on these ever come down because they aren't very known, I'll probably pick one up.

Wuuthrad

Reaction score
I’ll bet they play better than they look, but they don’t look bad by any means. But not my thing- I can’t deal with the Strat style upper bout anymore as it puts too much weight on my messed up shoulder.
I think it might look better with more curves too.

I’d be interested to see this re-issue:

F794F163-4171-43AE-B156-8807B7644A33.jpeg

truckermde

Reaction score
Make one that's not a custom shop or maybe even a studio and I'm in. They look very playable and could really find a niche if not $5k.
$5000? (!)

That does seem a little steep. No wonder we never see them.

You'd think they'd be able to bring a decent guitar to market for more like $2000...

BKS

Reaction score
I love it, there is one up for sale local here(green one) , wish i had the cash for it.

Torshalla

Reaction score
Why always try to re invent the wheel... they have the explorer, the SG and the V.... pretty much everyone else has been copying these designs (and the strat / super strat)... there is no need for more :)

sparky2

Reaction score
I love the looks of it, and the simplified controls (one Volume, one Tone), and I really like the pickup selector switch down low as opposed to up high in the usual Les Paul fashion.

But the cost is off-putting.

:(

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think they were about $3,600 new, not $5k. Still too much, but they are custom shop guitars. Shrug.

Anyway I'll probably never even see one, I've never seen one in my entire life until I made this thread, and that was just complete dumb luck that someone mentioned one in a pickup thread I was reading.

Latest Threads