I just got permantly banned on TGP

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
I'm back from that ban.

This is the quick explanation.

I had some personal issues 2 weeks I ago, I was working through, or NOT working through.

I wast trying to keep it together, and keep posting on all my forums.

The only 2 people that I saw as an attack by their posts, but really weren't, was some jazz guy on TGP, and MLP's very own Tim Fezz.

I felt attacked in a thread at TGP, and I lashed out, and I thought somehow I'd get some backing here on MLP forum.

NOW that I look back on my thread title, I looks desperate and VERY needy.

I rarely post in the Backstage, but I thought this was the only place I thought guys would get it.

This is just a forum with a bunch of alter ego's, that mean nothing in the REAL world. DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm retired from gigging after 28 yrs. out playing, and I now collect guitars as my MAIN hobby, because guitars
have been part my life since I was 20 yrs. old.

I'm a VERY old guy, and at almost 62, I'm sure I'm NOT the baby here on this forum.

It's strange that the Backstage is where all the MAIN guys hang out on a GUITAR forum.

I'm far from being one of the regulars in Backstage, and post here very randomly.

I'm ALL about guitars, so I'll keep coming here and contributing, but it'll be in the section for guitars.

So now back to your regular scheduled Backstage stuff. :)

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
Texas, this? Just silly talk.I was in Norlin section for a year learned all I needed to know......then....oh a "free form" section......I was DESTROYED my first couple of years .....boooo hissssss.....but,in time I understood....throw 31 % " guitar talk" into each post....

" Then the diop went clop....FIREBIRDS RULE........fiffle dogle plop..

Some day when you get tired of REAL talk....crawl into Backstage.......just wear protection.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
I won't read it. It's been hyped too much and can't possibly live up to my expectations of epic biblical meltdowns.

I'll have to just imagine how great it must be.

:laugh2:
It doesn't count without a meltdown video. I didn't know you had to provide an audition video to participate in TGP threads? I also didn't realize that site still existed! :cool:

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Especially about something as subjective as tone, etc.
Pfft, buddy, sounds like you have never experienced the glory of a boss metalzone going through a digitech grunge plugged into a gorilla amp that's plugged into a Line 6 spider III on "insane" mode.

Now that is *THE* tone :rofl:

Tone is like setup - it's ridiculous to say "my way is right and yours isn't". :laugh2:

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
@rfrizz , @John Vasco ...

Don't start shit that we might have to clean up. Capice?
Yeah, I fully understand. But I didn't start any shit. If I had, I'd put my hand up and admit it. But this is what I posted, which is quite clear. I was not spoiling for any argument or to lock horns. Just giving an explanation: '...But you are not editing my post. What you edited was someone else's post that I had quoted. I don't have a dog in that fight...' Which was quite true, on all counts.

For some reason, that I cannot fathom, he came back with this: '...but sometimes you are as enjoyable as inflamed, infected hemorrhoids...' Now that is out of order. I have not posted any insult against them. Yet that is bounced against me.

If I have crossed the line with anything I have posted in the exchanges, point it out to me, and I'll accept it. But to be called out when I haven't done anything...

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
Pfft, buddy, sounds like you have never experienced the glory of a boss metalzone going through a digitech grunge plugged into a gorilla amp that's plugged into a Line 6 spider III on "insane" mode.

Now that is *THE* tone :rofl:

Tone is like setup - it's ridiculous to say "my way is right and yours isn't". :laugh2:
Exactly - it's your guitar - the only opinion that matters is yours...

Marshall & Moonshine

Reaction score
I have all the guitars, amps and pedals I want. I don’t feel like modding anything, I dgaf about cords and cables (as long as they work) and I know enough to keep my stuff going ok.
Every now and then I have a question for another sub forum, but mostly I just come to the Backstage and fuck around.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I have all the guitars, amps and pedals I want. I don’t feel like modding anything, I dgaf about cords and cables (as long as they work) and I know enough to keep my stuff going ok.
Every now and then I have a question for another sub forum, but mostly I just come to the Backstage and fuck around.
M&M, the tones I enjoy are primitive.I can get my sounds out of solid states,tubes,Strats,Sgs.....live usually straight in or one pedal,usually a FUZZ,ROCK to me is "groin"music,I NEVER think while making love....why should I think when I play guitar...my heroes were thinking about "tail" when playing live,not what pick ups were in their guitars.

TXOldRedRocker

A Variant Of Unknown Origin
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
M&M, the tones I enjoy are primitive.I can get my sounds out of solid states,tubes,Strats,Sgs.....live usually straight in or one pedal,usually a FUZZ,ROCK to me is "groin"music,I NEVER think while making love....why should I think when I play guitar...my heroes were thinking about "tail" when playing live,not what pick ups were in their guitars.
Many golfers here will already know this, but the great Sam Snead was once asked what he was thinking about before making a shot. His reply, "If you're not thinking about pu**y, you're just not concentrating."

My next band name is going to be 3Gs. Meaning Guitars, Golf and Girls. My three main interests, not necessarily in that order.

Latest Threads