I just got permantly banned on TGP

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
YEP. PRS MAKES THE BEST ELECTRIC GUITARS.

Go to TGP right NOW to see it

I went nuclear on one of their 'BoYs' for calling me and my son out in TAG's thread.

They probably already deleted it

Go see it before they delete the thread.

GO NOW!!!!!!

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
They already banned me, and I can't get on anymore

TRUST ME, it's worth setting up an account.

This calling out of the forum member bear will go down as the worst meltdown calling out on ANY forum in history.

I PROMISE it's worth signing up.

I wouldn't LIE.

DO IT!!!!!!!

I've never gotten banned from ANY guitar forum EVER since I started forum YEARS ago.

I had an meltdown of EPIC proportions.

YOU have to see this if they haven't deleted the thread to help this guy save face and his career.

I called him out in the worst way EVER.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is still up on the first page:

WOW!!!!

That's an amazing looking guitar.

These statements by you was done with the purpose of causing chaos.

You know now you're going to be challenged by the whole TGP community to defend these 2 statements.

1) PRS makes the BEST guitars

2) 4LBS 13 OUNCES DRIPPING WITH "GIBSON CRUSHING" TONES.

NOW Tag, you're going to have to prove with FACTS and or recordings, that PRS is the BEST, and that the Tones emanating from YOUR guitar are "Gibson Crushing".

I hope you're ready for the blow back that's going to ensue.

I personally can't deny or support either of your statements.

Good Luck !!!

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is still up (page 9)

All those guitar players in Nashville are blind lemmings.

They've all bought into the hype that everything that's popular in Nashville HAS to be good.

This is the city where the adage "A Fool And His Money Are Soon Parted" rings true.

Nash is *rash !!!

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 11 still up:

I you want to see the bananas dancing to classic metal, then play the song Slayer - "Seasons In the Abyss", and start the song at 2:10.

Watch those dancing bananas swing back and forth to the music.

I just discovered this by accident the other day.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 14 still up:

I know EXACTLY who TAG is.

He was the poster boy for "Dumble" tone for many years here on TGP.

He actually bought a REAL Dumble head # 183 ? or something like that in '09, I know this because it was all everyone could talk about on TGP for a very long time.

Then he had Shad at Quinn amps do a "Dumble Tribute" amp head for him, and he eventually sold the REAL Dumble amp head.

I remember it like it was '09.

No real news to ME Lexyboy!!!

TheX

Dirka Dirka
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL, I liked your post...haha. I have an account but rarely EVER post there. I joined in 2009 and have 38 posts.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 15 still up:

Do YOU play out in a real band and get YOUR guitars bruised and scarred?

I played out in working metal, pop rock, and eventually country/rock bands for over 28 years.

I played big clubs, festival, HUGE corporate Private parties, and did A LOT of opening acts for touring Nashville and Texas country/rock bands.

I retired from all that in '09, and I just buy guitars as a hobby now.

I personally buy very nice guitars and I shouldn't have to explain why they're so nice of if they have any scratches to prove to anyone on this forum.

I challenge you to prove you have more road and professional stage experience than me.

You go 1st and expect to humbled.

I DARE YOU to post what you've done professionally in your lifetime.

I'm 61 and been in Nashville studios and have hung with Nashville A- listers in Quad Studios in Nashville.

I spent a weekend with Johnny Garcia who's Trisha Yearwood and Garthbrooks guitar player. We did studio work all week and then went out on the town to all the showcases on that Saturday night.

We met up with John Rich of Big & Rich and went to dinner.

This is just one example of what I've done.

YOUR TURN big boy.

PS , I have a lot of nice PRS and Tom A guitars that don't have any scratches on them because I take care of them.

I'm SO tired of TGP members who know NOTHING of forum members history , and then try to insult them in threads like this.

OK hotshot JB6464, tell me about YOUR professional gigging and studio experience.

Hopefully you don't say you helped load in some has been 80's band, and that's YOUR claim to fame.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 16 still up
JB6464 said:

:facepalm

(You)
I hope you don't go crying to the mods and tell them I was mean to you.

You were the one talking sh** about guys buying all these $$$$$$$ guitars and bragging about them.

Why even go there bud?

You have no problem throwing shade on others here, so you can feel better about yourself.

Don't be a little baby because you can't handle it yourself.

I'll take this back and forth between you and me pages if you want to continue.

Stop quoting me, or this will go on and on.

YOU can stop this.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 16 again, still up:

Argot said:

Settle down sunshine. We get it. You're kinda a big deal.
(You)
You're getting it all wrong, it has nothing to do about what I've done, I just wanted to put him in his place.

He's like a lot of guys here on the forum ,throw shade on guys who have really nice expensive guitars.

They also make comments about how they're so new looking and have no scratches, so they're probably dentists, lawyers, etc..................

Nobody EVER calls these guys out, and I finally decided to tonight.

That's it.

Thanks Sunshine , I guess you Argot me all wrong.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 16 still up:

FINALLY I'm a BELIEVER !!!!!

I agree 110% Tag.

In THIS video, the PRS SMOKED that wimpy sounding R9.

The R9 sounded weak and lifeless.

The recording doesn't lie and is proof that the PRS in THIS video sounds WAY better than THIS R9.

The PRS had a very rich upper mid singing tone that the R9 lacked.

Remember Tag, the PRS in THIS video smokes THIS R9.

VERY GOOD, VERY GOOD !!!!!

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 17, still there:

Seriously Dipa?

You almost bought the R9 in Tag's latest video?

If this is a recent video, and Tag owns both those guitars, is it possible to switch out the pickups between both guitars?

What if it's the pickups in the PRS that make ALL the difference?

Call up Tag and ask him if he's willing to try the pickup swap.

Wouldn't he want to know the truth, or maybe he doesn't want to know if it's the pickups and NOT the guitar.

If he did that, then we'd know if it was the PRS Guitar, and not just the pickups that make the difference.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 17, still up:

I played in country/rock bands for years, and a lot of guys I shared the stages with touring bands were playing Tele's.

During soundcheck, I'd always be in front of the stage to listen to the guitar players stage tone.

Almost all of them had the upper mid range tone I thought didn't sound that great to MY ears.

The thing that I didn't account for, was that I was just hearing the guitar players tone by itself.

Once the bass player, keyboard player, fiddle, steel guitar, and the acoustic rhythm player all got their soundcheck done, then it was time to hear the band as a whole.

One the band started playing, and the lead guitar player's got to take their leads, the guitar sound perfect in the mix.

What most guys who don't understand live sound mixing, is that each instrument in the band has to find its own sonic space in the mix.

While this most country Tele players have that brighter upper mid range tone that sounds like it's WAY to much by itself, sounds just right in a full band mix.

I'm pretty sure that the MAJORITY of the forum members that knock PRS for there tone while playing in a bedroom, have never had the experience of playing on a big concert stage with a full 5-7 member band.

I'd bet all these PRS guitars that everyone criticizes, would sound amazing in a full band mix.

If anyone in this thread plays in a touring band with a full compliment of members, could you borrow a PRS and put it to the test on the big stage?

(I see nothing untoward so far - JV)

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 17 again:

I've played out 28 yrs. and shared the stages with a lot of veteran touring pros.

I asked a lot of questions when we got to hang out back stage when they had the food and drinks out for all the bands.

I picked their brains on what works in a live mix, and YES the guitar makes a difference, as well as the amps, pedals, and the sound engineer.

The most common thing that these guys said, mind you they're mainly chicken pick'n country/rock players, was that you have to have a upper mid tone that will set you in the mix to be heard.

These are their words, and I'm just repeating what they said.

I followed their advice, and I would set my tone for more of a cut, so I could be heard within the dense mix of keys, bass, fiddle, steel, and even the drums.

I would always go out front during soundcheck and let one of the other guitarist in the band play my guitar with the band for a song, just to make sure I could be heard in the mix.

Even the best sound engineer can't always set the mix, so the guitar is present in the sonic spectrum.

Sometimes you have to coach him and let him know what your hearing or not hearing, so he understands what you're what you're looking for.

I noticed that even the best touring engineers focus on the drums and bass in the mix.

They want to get that big bottom sound,and set the mix so the drums and bass are the focus, at the expense of the vocals, keys, and the guitar.

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Page 18:

Not knocking you're R9,but I'm not impressed at with it's tone compared to the PRS in the video.

Personally I would NEVER have bought that R9 if I had a chance to A/B in a private auditioning room in a music store.

Nothing personal Tag, but that R9 in your video sounds VERY average.

There's nothing special about it's tone in your video.

The tone you're getting with your PRS is the chirpy singing upper midrange tone I dial my '09 PRS DGT 10-Top on my "Dumble style" amp.

That tone is what you need on a live stage to cut through the mix.

I've used my DGT on a big stage with a full band, and I never have a problem setting well in the overall mix.

A LOT of guys have no understanding that Paul R. Smith intentionally creates his pickups and guitar for the purpose of live stage use.

I've been to a seminar with David Grissom, and I was up front in the room, with him just 6 ft in front of me.

He was dialing in his tone while we waited for the seminar to start.

I noticed that his base tone was a little on the dark side, but I figured his pedals would remedy his tone.

Then he started stepping on his pedals one at a time and then in tandem, and that midrangy tone was there in spades.

He talked a bit and took questions before the seminar begin.

He then hit his laptop and the music started coming through the sound system.

When he began to play, his rhythms blended with the backing track without standing out hardly at all.

But once he kicked in his pedals for his lead lines, BANG, his leads came forward in the mix, and you could hear all his notes clear as day.

PRS really know what they're doing with their guitars, but the problem is most guys auditioning them are bedroom players.

Most PRS guitars that guys audition in music stores, will never be played live through a quality sound system like they were intended to be.

Latest Threads