I Just Found My Next Car

Tone deaf

Reaction score
Yup. Some of the "Mexican" Falcons turn up as hotrods in the U.S. Great cars to play with. I plan on selling my Falcon this year. It will be a very sad parting.
What year is it? You must have taken great care of it. Nothing made by Ford lasts more than a couple winters in Maine.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
got any pics of the old goat laying around? a friend in college had a '64 ragtop gto with tri-power that we used to run all over the place. it's still under a tarp in his back yard, one day to be restored. his is blue, white top and interior, manual transmission.

the 64's have a special place in my heart!
Sorry but I have no pics still sharp enough to scan into a computer and post here. It has been a long time since they were taken and they are badly faded. I can tell you that it was a dark blue hardtop (no pillar) with a medium blue vinyl interior. It was pretty base with a four barrel carb and a three speed manual transmission. AM radio, no AC. From my experience, this car is better in memory than it was in person. The factory simply took a Tempest Le Mans body and dropped in 389 engine from the bigger Pontiacs, with no mods to brakes, suspension, or tires (which were two ply rayon bias ply). As a result, the car was a death trap in higher -speed cornering, the brakes were non - existent in higher highway speed stops, and the tires were criminally inadequate to handle the power and speed. Advertised hp was 325 or 330 (I can’t recall which). Can’t remember the torque, but it was high.

Bottom line, if I test drove a 2020 model new car that drove like that Goat today, I would not buy it — even if the price were $3400 — same as it was in 1964!

Last edited:

Olds442

Reaction score
Bottom line, if I test drove a 2020 model new car that drove like that Goat today, I would not buy it — even if the price were $3400 — same as it was in 1964!
tell me about it. this thing was a beast. 455 bored .040 over and built with Kenne Bell cam and bearings. stopping was "problematic". :D

that's a '72 Stage 1 with a '70 engine because, compression.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Olds,

Your 442 is a later model than my Goat. Improvements were made by the time your car was made. I know, as I drove a car like your when it was fairly new, and it handled better than my older Goat. Now the 442 like yours wasn’t up to modern handling and braking standards, but it was better than my Goat.

Olds442

Reaction score
Olds,

Your 442 is a later model than my Goat. Improvements were made by the time your car was made. I know, as I drove a car like your when it was fairly new, and it handled better than my older Goat. Now the 442 like yours wasn’t up to modern handling and braking standards, but it was better than my Goat.
i know it's a blurry pic, but that's my Buick Stage 1 Grand Sport. my 442 was a ragtop.

also a 455. torque monsters make my day.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much identical to a '67 with the trim removed, shaved door handles, and lowered.

Very pretty car!

Boss 302

Reaction score
I don't know much about the OZ Falcon, except that I have read that it kept the four liter I6 but in a much higher state of tune than it ever had in the US. Way back in '64 I had a girlfriend who had a '60 Falcon with less than 100 hp. I drove it once. I wondered if it was street legal. It was so slow that I felt like opening the driver's door and help it by pushing with my left foot. I asked her if it was insured, and she said yes. I suggested that we set fire to it. As you might guess, she wasn't my girlfriend long after that. Back then, my car was a '64 GTO, so the Falcon was a bit of a downer.
A clip for you Dole.
My car is similar to this, but uprated brakes, & suspension.
As per the NSWHP, specification.

Then, their is my specification.
A better intercooler, & intake piping.
Cold air intake, with enclosed pod filter.
Walbro 460 fuel pump.
1000cc injectors, plus 4 inch dump pipe, high flow cat & twin 2.5 inch exhaust after first muffler.
End result 400 hp at the wheels, not bad for a 6 cylinder. :laugh2:

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's taken way too many years, but Ford is finally doing with the TT V6 what Buick did with the Grand National back in '86.