I joined a band

Engel

Reaction score
A dude I work with wanted me to come and play with his band. I hardly know the guy just from passing. They have a modern country (definitely not my style) cover band with a few rock songs (more my style) thrown in. There is already a lead guitarist so I'm rhythm. He's a young kid, senior in HS and he's pretty good. He started at a very young age. I went and jammed with them not knowing ANY of the songs they covered and picked up on them pretty easily. I didn't realize I was trying out but they said I'm in lol. Had first legit practice tonight and had a blast. These guys are a pretty established local band with gigs all the time so I'm pretty excited. I've played more in the last week than I have in the last year lol. :thumb:

Bill h

Banned
Reaction score
That's awesome, good luck with the band and most importantly, have fun!!!!

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
awesome!

...so when you getting that new Les Paul? :naughty:

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
Congrats :thumb:

Playing in a band is better than just practising.....:D

Have fun :wave:

Engel

Reaction score
awesome!

...so when you getting that new Les Paul? :naughty:

TODAY!!!

Last night at practice my pickup switch went out on my epi. Go figure!! :laugh2:

I'm thinking a futura ;)

Half the price of the other one I liked and with the money saved I can buy a Marshall half stack.

splatter

Reaction score
Congrats

hope it works out for you . My band broke up yesterday . Bummer

Engel

Reaction score
I'm stoked man, I've had sweetwater on the horn the last couple days. I've never owned a guitar more expensive than $300 bones. I've heard a lot of good things about sweetwater and I haven't had any problems ordering accessories from them. I really don't want to go with GC or MF on this one. It's a special purchase.

Groove Toad

Banned
Reaction score
Engel,

Congratulations. Just remember, bar patrons only really care about the rhythm, so you're more important that you thought.

Hack

Reaction score
Remember, rock stars dont wear underwear.

BigDipper15

Hack Guitarist
Reaction score
nothing better than getting together with some cool people and gigging. I just recently auditioned and got into a local cover band that gigs a few times a month and actually gets paid. loving every minute of it.

Latest Threads