I hate Amazon ... but like The Grand Tour

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Not the river, the company. They are my last go to for online shopping. I've read so much negative about their loathsome business practices over the years I've been good at steering clear.

I'm ashamed to admit I have succumbed to the shiny object that Amazon continues to dangle in front of me. I really hate giving Bezos more $.

In order to efficiently (and cheaply) complete my holiday shopping, I signed up for a 30 day trial for Prime. Think this is my third time for the free trial. You'd think they'd stop offering it to me. I will cancel before they charge me, unless I drop dead before the billing date.

With 24 days to go, I'm going to get my free money's worth out of it. Prime video. I was a huge fan of the original UK Top Gear, so I'll be binge watching 'The Grand Tour'.

Rewind to 2016:

My impressions of the first season thus far: Good to see the BBC was not the entire staff writing brain collective behind the formula that worked so well. The show is at least as engaging.

Glad they killed off 'Star in a reasonably priced car'. A segment I'd often FF through on BBC. I read 'Celebrity Brain Crash' did not last long as well. Fine as well.

Clarkson, May and Hammond are a great trio, working well off one another's presenter personalities. As usual, it does not always work, but far better than the BBC's post Clarkson Top Gear efforts.

Some of the gags are quite stupid, some are quite good - right where they left off. A 'Stig' driver in NASCAR's Mike Skinner was dumb. It seems he only made it through the first season. Good.

The videography is BBC quality for the most part. The color palates are over-saturated and fake looking. I am reminded of the Dune film with the glowing blue eyes with anyone with blue eyes.

Looking forward to 2017.

Last edited:

Mr Insane

Reaction score
The Grand tour in the third season is brilliant.

TheX

Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Amazon fan here. They're building a 4 million sq. foot distribution center in my town. I should have same day delivery on millions of different items.

Love The Grand Tour!

MikeyTheCat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m in the Amazon ecosystem, except I keep my one Alexa device (a clock) in my office where it’s handy for phone calls.

EasyAce

Reaction score
I don't do Alexa, but I do like Amazon and have for several years.

But then the cats always resent it when somebody builds a better mouse trap.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
had the 30 day free trial and bought a 60 piece torx set,high grade steel with free shipping.it seems to be of good quality so i cant bitch...

Pop1655

Premium Member
Reaction score
I said this the last time we did this, they’d be a lot easier to hate if they weren’t so good at what they do.