I got my 2016 Pelam Blue Standard back !!

rbraad68

Reaction score
Hey Guys:

Back in april I had sold my pelham blue standard to my brother to help pay for my first 59 .. He was going to send it to his son back in florida for his B-day. Well the guitar sat in a box all packed up and ready to ship since april it never got sent. Last night i was asking him if he wanted to sell it back to me but we wound up trading guitars. my worn classic for the pelham blue .... I have regretted selling the guitar ever since the day he bought it but it was going to family so what ever.... This was the first epi i ever owned and the first one i modded so it all began with this one!! I don't know when they quit using rosewood but this board looks like it has rosewood board. I can't get over how solid this guitar is and how good it plays and sounds. I had swapped out all the hardware and electronics soon after i bought the guitar. I put the Grover keystone locking tuners on the guitar. Pro Bucker 2 n 3 pups out of a 2019 custom if i remember correctly and a newer push pull harness. I had put tone pro bridge pieces on the guitar but those got robbed off the guitar so i see some faber aged nickel in it's future!! Prob going to go back to nickel hardware and some SD pups in the guitar with a new harness.... Anyways guys just wanted to share this with you guys...
pleham blue 2016 01.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy ending, and LPs look great in pelham blue.

I also noticed that, as a rule, Epis have nicer, darker rosewood fretboards than Gibsons.

Glad you got your baby back.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Happy ending, and LPs look great in pelham blue.

I also noticed that, as a rule, Epis have nicer, darker rosewood fretboards than Gibsons.

Glad you got your baby back.
iTHX man. I'm not saying anything bad about the worn classic i traded for it back but i won't miss that guitar!!

I'll post some close up pics of the fret board but i'm almost 100% sure that it does have a rosewood board...

**edit** this is the worn classic i traded for the pelham blue guitar...

Attachments

rbraad68

Reaction score
This board seems really dark for indian laurel ? WHen did they stop using rosewood for their boards? This being a 2016 i kinda figured that it's rosewood but i got to looking at the board more closely and it does have that long grain like indian laurel ?? What do you guys think rosewood??
pelham blue board 03.jpg
pelham blue board 02.jpg

Cardinalcomb

Reaction score
Definitely rosewood. Indian Laurel came recently with the inspired by Gibson line. That is a nice, darker board you have there. Keep in mind that the colour of both rosewood and Indian laurel will vary in colour. There are some dark and light in all species.

rbraad68

Reaction score
The board is pretty dark and i haven't conditioned the thin in over a yr. I was looking at it last nigh from across the room on it's stand and it's almost dark enough to look like ebony but i know better than that.. I almost got rid of this guitar i even had it boxed up and ready to ship but as luck would have it i never got around to shipping it out ..

Latest Threads