I got me an OX !!!

your idol

Reaction score
I don't know that I could use an OX but it's a cool piece of gear. L&M has 7 used ones spread across Canada but I'd have to have my local store search the online inventory to get prices.
I honestly cant think of one scenario where a person couldnt use this

guitardon

Reaction score
Now WTF do I do with it?

My third attempt at attenuation that is transparent....and you know what? This thing sounds amazing.....

Its even better with headphones ...

The real test will be when band finally re- convenes.

I have used almost every attenuation device out there.....I find something wrong with all of them....

this one is pretty cool however.....
Hey, I’m looking for something to plug direct to my Quartet audio system. I sure can’t afford an OX. In your search for the OX did you find anything decent for my silent recording that isn’t so expensive?

scuba200ft

Reaction score
Ox OR Boss WAZA TAE you cannot go wrong. Best piece of gear in YEARS.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the quartet system is....

but you may want to look into the above posters suggestion

guitardon

Reaction score
Not sure what the quartet system is....

but you may want to look into the above posters suggestion
Don’t have that kind of money at the moment. The quartet is my audio interface.

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is NO digital tone here at all. I'd do this over modelling all day. I enjoyed the Kemper a lot but it was ONE sound per amp. This way it's still the amp. The only thing being modelled is the speaker cab. And it sounds really natural.

I didn't really like the Helix. I bought and returned it. I wanted to love it. I wanted to be the guy who called people "tube snob" etc. But I could hear the digital sound. It's good at first but then fatigues the ears and starts to sound like a 1987 Crate felt covered practice amp being pushed by a Cort bolt-on LP copy through a boss DS-1 with the gain cranked. Entire colonies of wasps gather outside the window, hoping to meet the new wasps on the block.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you love this ....then your a tube snob.....!

Welcome! :run:

Torshalla

Reaction score
This OX is more and more tempting... i am also curious about solutions for mixing in backing tracks...

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Damn, there was one of these on CL that I was going to jump on, and now it's gone. Good price, too.

Sounds awesome!

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This OX is more and more tempting... i am also curious about solutions for mixing in backing tracks...
its the backing tracks and getting both into the same headphones... I’m stumpted or stoopit ... but I think I may need customer service....

Cuz that’s how I get practice ... is to play with tracks....

CerebralGasket

Reaction score
its the backing tracks and getting both into the same headphones... I’m stumpted or stoopit ... but I think I may need customer service....

Cuz that’s how I get practice ... is to play with tracks....
Do you have an audio interface and a DAW?
Why not connect the Line Out from the OX to an audio interface?

Configure the DAW so that...

Input Device: audio interface
Output Device: audio interface

Create one track for the OX.
Create second track for the backing track.

Use headphones to monitor both the OX and backing track through your audio interface using a DAW.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t tried that.. but I will... I have a focusrite 2i2 ... but just started re-doing g the basement ... so it will be a minute...

Torshalla

Reaction score
It would be nice with a simple solution that does not require a computer though...

gio

Reaction score
For those of you considering an Ox, take a look at the Two Notes. I have a CabM and absolutely love it. Same idea as the cab sim inside the Ox. You do need a load box with the CabM, which I’m using a Power Station 2. The Captor X has the load box and cab sim.

There were 3 main reasons I went with the CabM over the Ox:
1) I already had the Power Station (load box/reamper), so I had no use for the load box or attenuator in the Ox.
2) the CabM has an aux in, so you can play along to tracks.
3) after reading/talking to a few amp companies (Suhr and Germino), they will not warranty their amps with use with an Ox but will with a Power Station. It has to do with the impedance curve that the load box uses.

I think the Ox looks like a great all in box. The clips I’ve watched make it sound fantastic. I was really close to pulling the trigger on it, but since I already had the Power Station and really wanted to aux in feature, the CabM fit the bill for me.

JMP

Reaction score
It would be nice with a simple solution that does not require a computer though...
Get a Zoom G1Four. It’s cheap, sounds decent enough for headphone practice, and you can connect your phone to it to play tunes. I recognize that this isn’t the “tube “ response you were hoping for.

Torshalla

Reaction score
Get a Zoom G1Four. It’s cheap, sounds decent enough for headphone practice, and you can connect your phone to it to play tunes. I recognize that this isn’t the “tube “ response you were hoping for.
Thanks for your feedback. I would however prefer to be able to do that with the tube amps / ox (or other)

guitardon

Reaction score
Is Zoom G1 ok for recording or is it just for silent practicing.

meridiansystem

Reaction score
A couple of things recorded with ox for those that are interested. Running through Apollo's Twin X into MacBook.

Tracks sound awesome - are you doing any compression / effects on the Mac or is that all OX?
I’ve been playing with mine the last month and I’m now looking at picking up an Apollo... those UA price tags though.

Latest Threads