I got me an OX !!!

tzd

Reaction score
When I first saw the post I have to admit I thought it was a Jeff Beck oxblood guitar. I'm not familiar with these attenuators but I also love my rockcrusher recording for taming my Friedman smallbox at home. It's a great time to be a guitar player.
Yeah me too, cos' it's in the Historic Reissue subforum.

I wonder how the OX compares to Two Notes Captor X which is less than half the price.

glenngross

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would answer all those questions and more, as I just got one too... but I haven't read the manual yet.

It does sound GREAT with a Two-Rock, though!
Which Two Rock???

glenngross

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Silly me; which model? I have a Classic Reverb Signature which is fine with pedals, but could benefit from an OX.

Leotis

Reaction score
Silly me; which model? I have a Classic Reverb Signature which is fine with pedals, but could benefit from an OX.
Sorry... just practicing my usual jackassery...

I'm using it with a Classic Rev Sig too... the 50w head version. You really can't open this thing up much at all without some kind of attenuation... and man does the OX mate well!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love mine as well. It's a game changer. I went through most of the others as well (Fryette PS2, Rivera Rockcrusher and Rockcrusher Recording) and while those were very good, I wasn't fully satisfied until the OX.

Congrats!

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask....actually.

kidmandude

Reaction score
I bit i thought it was for an OZ fuzz pedal! lol

I'm trying a newly purchased Dr Z Brake Lite.

Vox AC30 tb6

efstop

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know that I could use an OX but it's a cool piece of gear. L&M has 7 used ones spread across Canada but I'd have to have my local store search the online inventory to get prices.

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well??? !!
It's just fantastic so far. I'm pleasantly surprised by the base attenuation ability. I'd read that it lacked in that area but was great for recording, etc etc. But I think it sounds excellent as an attenuator.

That said, with headphones and using the desktop app, it just comes alive! I really think I can take one amp and create so many different tones with it just by changing cab/speaker/mic settings. Yet it retains the tonal signature of the actual amp.

I love it.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome! My review exactly...

But careful, don’t do what I’m hung up on.... tubes ..

I can hear everything.... it’s a curse.... i mean I can hear it through the speakers.... but headphones make it stand out....

So I’m getting new pre amp tubes in the Marshall and the Traynor.... have no Idea what to do with the Marshall 2303 or the two heads at band.....

Now I just need to figure out how to feed a backing track signal into the same headphones ....

That’s making my head hurt.... so any ideas?

Enjoy.... it’s a very awesome tool

your idol

Reaction score
You need good cables ... and an articulate pair of headphones....

So more $$$...
THIS!!!
I cannot express ENOUGH. This MF OX had me thinking my amp was blown, turns out my cheap freebie speaker cable was not pulling its weight. Switched everything over to high end cables and it made a night and day difference. Dont use cheap shit here it dont like it.

your idol

Reaction score
That’s awesome! My review exactly...

But careful, don’t do what I’m hung up on.... tubes ..

I can hear everything.... it’s a curse.... i mean I can hear it through the speakers.... but headphones make it stand out....

So I’m getting new pre amp tubes in the Marshall and the Traynor.... have no Idea what to do with the Marshall 2303 or the two heads at band.....

Now I just need to figure out how to feed a backing track signal into the same headphones ....

That’s making my head hurt.... so any ideas?

Enjoy.... it’s a very awesome tool
Again THIS!
I can hear everything and am not currently shopping for preamp tubes as well. We are on the same damn timeline

Latest Threads