I got me an OX !!!

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now WTF do I do with it?

My third attempt at attenuation that is transparent....and you know what? This thing sounds amazing.....

Its even better with headphones ...

The real test will be when band finally re- convenes.

I have used almost every attenuation device out there.....I find something wrong with all of them....

this one is pretty cool however.....

jenton70

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's on my list. I've used quite a few different ones too. I've got a Redplate that needs to be tamed or it's just out of control loud.

strat1701

El Diablo Cazador De Hombres
Reaction score
I LOVE my Rivera rockcrusher......the YJM100 on full power attenuated by the Rivera vs. the (decent) on board EPA is numbing......a 100w plexi is fucking loud when dimed....

Mostly I use it with my BE100 and it has a great master volume, but I'll run that on around 7 and then attenuate it down, it also does a great job but overall balls to the un brideled wall, the YJM on full tilt is just amazing, even attenuated back.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's on my list. I've used quite a few different ones too. I've got a Redplate that needs to be tamed or it's just out of control loud.
I have been goofing off with this for about a month and I just love it for at home practice....I can crank the Marshalls and get their tone, in my headphones.....so much so.....that I'm stressing over inconsistencies in the tubes ....(which is ridiculas I know.... ) but I can hear everything about the character of those amps.

What's also nice is its wireless to your computer for effects switching (if your recording) I haven't figured it all out yet.... but its a pretty capable box....

In the headphones you can add or subtract mics (if you want) and or apply room settings.....which is pretty neat....(Its just delay applied so you get the feel of a room....large or small).....and its convincing...several times I had to pull the headphones back off to make sure I want blitzing the house with the amp on 8 ...(which is stupid loud)

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE my Rivera rockcrusher......the YJM100 on full power attenuated by the Rivera vs. the (decent) on board EPA is numbing......a 100w plexi is fucking loud when dimed....

Mostly I use it with my BE100 and it has a great master volume, but I'll run that on around 7 and then attenuate it down, it also does a great job but overall balls to the un brideled wall, the YJM on full tilt is just amazing, even attenuated back.

I had one of those and it was actually the best one.....But it was a modded one with a foot switch to add 20db for solo's .....and it really didn't kick the cymbals over far enough....so I got a BadCat re amp that I have been using at band for the last several years ....that has two separate channels and you can switch between them for different volume settings without altering the tone....but its got some limitations in tonality.....its actually a Class D amp and its a digital signal) so yea I can hear it.....Its still killer for band ....

But this OX .....I can hear the tubes.....glorious

StubbyJ

Reaction score
I didn't need to see this. I'm debating between a custom build les paul "style" guitar or a recording setup (ox and yamaha HS8s). Gas, Gas, Gas

buckwild

Reaction score
Congrats! It’s one of my fave pieces of gear!

your idol

Reaction score
Just snagged one myself. Still in the sniffin butts phase with it. Its a solid attenuator. Im really looking forward to getting some proper headphones and seeing what the cab sim fuss is about!
CABFEE15-AF74-4A19-A871-E8E3F777E051.jpeg

guitarbob123

Reaction score
I've got one of the Weber Minimass attenuators on the way but the OX is definitely one I'm keeping my eye on for the future when I've got space for half-stacks again.

Good to hear it goes above and beyond, its hard to tell when you see the reviews whether they're that good or whether the reviewer wants to keep everyone happy!

Can you go guitar - amp - attenuator - headphones straight without adding anything else in-between? (Apart from the respective cables of course)

Where you say about wireless switching does it connect via WiFi/Bluetooth? Just wondering if Bluetooth headphones could be used as that'd be a huge upsell for me being able to move about while playing

Leotis

Reaction score
I've got one of the Weber Minimass attenuators on the way but the OX is definitely one I'm keeping my eye on for the future when I've got space for half-stacks again.

Good to hear it goes above and beyond, its hard to tell when you see the reviews whether they're that good or whether the reviewer wants to keep everyone happy!

Can you go guitar - amp - attenuator - headphones straight without adding anything else in-between? (Apart from the respective cables of course)

Where you say about wireless switching does it connect via WiFi/Bluetooth? Just wondering if Bluetooth headphones could be used as that'd be a huge upsell for me being able to move about while playing
I would answer all those questions and more, as I just got one too... but I haven't read the manual yet.

It does sound GREAT with a Two-Rock, though!

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes....and you can go guitar amp- attenuator - headphones ....no cab, if you need to...

You will need wired headphones, no Bluetooth .......It does connect to your home wireless as another device on your network....so you need that password ....its easy....but not sure if I will use it that way as much....its a home practice and band attenuator.

I think I might have posted this in the wrong section....so if needs moving.... then so be it....!

strat1701

Reaction score
Yes....and you can go guitar amp- attenuator - headphones ....no cab, if you need to...

You will need wired headphones, no Bluetooth .......It does connect to your home wireless as another device on your network....so you need that password ....its easy....but not sure if I will use it that way as much....its a home practice and band attenuator.

I think I might have posted this in the wrong section....so if needs moving.... then so be it....!
Side note> It just kills me how everything now is iOT. From thermostats, to home security, to TV's to refrigerators, Even though I've worked in IT as a network engineer for over 20+ years I'm still old school, not everything NEEDS to be on the internet. Increasing your exposure vector....

Now power atteunators are wifi? If HJ was still in charge I have no doubt that the 2020 reissues would have a wireless adapter in them, for instant tonez streamed to your smart amp ya know!! :eyeroll:

Back on track> the Rivera has a 'studio' setting which gets very quiet, and yeah it does still have most of the tonal elements, if for sure loses some, but if you absolutely needed bedroom quiet, that setting will totally get you there. it's gotta be decreasing output to like .1watt. No head phone out though.

Sct13

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Side note> It just kills me how everything now is iOT. From thermostats, to home security, to TV's to refrigerators, Even though I've worked in IT as a network engineer for over 20+ years I'm still old school, not everything NEEDS to be on the internet. Increasing your exposure vector....

Now power atteunators are wifi? If HJ was still in charge I have no doubt that the 2020 reissues would have a wireless adapter in them, for instant tonez streamed to your smart amp ya know!! :eyeroll:

Back on track> the Rivera has a 'studio' setting which gets very quiet, and yeah it does still have most of the tonal elements, if for sure loses some, but if you absolutely needed bedroom quiet, that setting will totally get you there. it's gotta be decreasing output to like .1watt. No head phone out though.

Yea....Just set so it can be hacked.....

To be clear the attenuator side is separate from the digital side....it doesn't have to be wifi to attenuate your amp....the point of the wifi is recording and .......here goes....Plugins you can BUY! .....and make your recordings expand their horizons!

So there's always a gimmick.....

but its pretty cool...I haven't explored that portion... that deep...

I works for a great tone with your tube amp with headphones .....which made the deal for me......

I am rats ass sick of Line 6 bullshit tones on the computer....Nothing sounds legit to me.....I hear the same notes wrapped in a digital effects haze that I can no longer stomach.

The tube detail with the headphones is astounding ....I cant wait toll I get it to band....that will tell the story....

strat1701

Reaction score
I am rats ass sick of Line 6 bullshit tones on the computer....Nothing sounds legit to me.....I hear the same notes wrapped in a digital effects haze that I can no longer stomach
Nothing truer have ever been said about Line6. They were cool, back in like 2001.....but even then I quickly found out how un-useable at a gig their products are....

Latest Threads