i got a total gym!

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
0Total_Gym_1500___.jpg

my collection of equipment is growing! i now have a total gym, an elliptical, ab circle pro, exercise ball, and shake weight (yeah i bought into the hype... they actually give you a GREAT upper body workout though lol)

time to start building muscle. what little fat thats left on me should burn quicker now that im adding muscle.

my goal is a lean cut body, 6% body fat or less... :cool:

stevie777

Reaction score
just like your cats, i play table tennis, that's enough for a man of my age,
pulled a muscle yesterday when i over-reached for a tremendous forehand smash,....:eek:
back's as stiff as a board today...:(

Louie

Reaction score
I have a TotalGym too and it's really good for the back/shoulders/arms area, not so much for the rest.

Anyway, 6% is very low, for reference a top cyclist is at ~7% before and ~4% after the Tour de France.
Most professional male athletes are in the 6-12% range, while for a fit man the norm is around 15%.
Well, good luck and have fun getting there, don't stress yourself too much and (most importantly!) don't weigh yourself any more often than once a week.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
just like your cats, i play table tennis, that's enough for a man of my age,
pulled a muscle yesterday when i over-reached for a tremendous forehand smash,....:eek:
back's as stiff as a board today...:(

=/ ouch... sorry to hear that!

try soaking in a hot tub with epsoms salt, i hope you heal up quick!

Dan

Reaction score
You should shoot for 2.4% body fat. Sorry, couldn't help myself.

But seriously, 12-15% is good.

Sounds like you are really on the kick. Good for you, Bling. It's never a bad idea to get into shape :thumb:

Deftone

Reaction score
I had a Total Gym for years, it's not a bad piece of equipment and it's kind of fun, too.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a TotalGym too and it's really good for the back/shoulders/arms area, not so much for the rest.

Anyway, 6% is very low, for reference a top cyclist is at ~7% before and ~4% after the Tour de France.
Most professional male athletes are in the 6-12% range, while for a fit man the norm is around 15%.
Well, good luck and have fun getting there, don't stress yourself too much and (most importantly!) don't weigh yourself any more often than once a week.

i hardly ever weight myself and i have scales all around me at work lol, besides, my weight will actually increase once i start putting on the muscle, despite the fact that ill still be eliminating fat, muscle weighs more than fat. yes i know 6% is an extreme goal, but i believe i can get there, im not in a rush because i acutally enjoy the process and the idea of working towards something. funny you should mention cycling, im acutally considering getting into that as well lol... not on a competitive level, or even for the exercise factor (although it will be very beneficial) ... i just think riding a bicycle is really fun, its a great way to get outdoors and enjoy the scenery, the fact that it burns mad calories is just one of the many health perks.

for anyone considering getting into exercise, do it. the health benefits are not limited to physical improvement. it does wonders for the mind as well. exercise has done more for my mental health than any RX given to me over the years, and i really mean it.

Louie

Reaction score
<snip> funny you should mention cycling, im acutally considering getting into that as well lol... not on a competitive level, or even for the exercise factor (although it will be very beneficial) ... i just think riding a bicycle is really fun, its a great way to get outdoors and enjoy the scenery, the fact that it burns mad calories is just one of the many health perks.<snip>

So true. Now with summer coming I've started going to work by bike when the weather is good. It's just 6 miles, which is anyway bad for the car to be driving such short distances, but great for cycling. And like you said, I feel healthier, more energetic and sleep better at night.

We do have the advantage, however, that here in Holland the bike lane network is almost as extensive as the road network, so you hardly ever have to mix with car traffic.

Boleskinehouse

Reaction score
Chuck Norris can't play guitar. I win. Give me Christy Brinkley.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Cool have fun with that

You really should check out "insanity" or p90x almost no equipment needed but a pull up bar and you can get resistance bands pretty inexpensive.

Not to burst your bubble (and I dont know your genetic makeup) you probably wont get much below 10-8 and that is pretty ripped assuming you are carrying enough muscle. To get to 6% is no small feet and cant be maintained but for a few hours maybe a few days. The important thing to get to those numbers is carrying the muscle, otherwise you/ a person will just look very skinny.
At 5-6% is all the pro natural body builders are on stage, and about 4% for the enhanced guys.

Keep in mind that if you maintain your fat and build muscle and not gain fat you are lowering your body fat, and vice versa. This is why I use the term skinny fat for most women.

Deftone

Reaction score
Don't forget, riding MX is a great way to workout too.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
im making progress folks =)

time to kick it up a notch.

on top of my vitamins/supplements and protien shakes, i have added a conjugated linoleic acids supplement along with a EAA/BCAA ergogenic essential amino acid matrix...

all lean muscle at 6% body fat or less here i come

Strikerfox

Reaction score
Did you know that every piece of furniture in Chuck Norris' house is a total gym.... :naughty:

Latest Threads