I got a problem

Arf

Reaction score
So in 1983 I sold my oh so beautiful and perfect 1979 Les Paul with mini humbuckers for 20% more than I paid a year earlier. Then I spent the next 35 years looking for one like it or something close. Finally found a used Supreme. And Brother, I learned my lesson, and I'm NEVER GOING TO SELL IT!!!
My best guitar is a '71 Deluxe that I'm being buried with. I've always wanted the Supreme but I should have acted a lot sooner. Six or eight years ago a killer used one was quite less expensive than a Custom of a similar year and condition because it was a regular production item, whereas the Custom was custom shop. Not anymore! Love the maple back with no covers and weight relief. Congratulations!

scooter500

Reaction score
My best guitar is a '71 Deluxe that I'm being buried with. I've always wanted the Supreme but I should have acted a lot sooner. Six or eight years ago a killer used one was quite less expensive than a Custom of a similar year and condition because it was a regular production item, whereas the Custom was custom shop. Not anymore! Love the maple back with no covers and weight relief. Congratulations!
Thanks, congratulations to you too!

It's been a long time since I had that Deluxe. I can't recall if the tone of a Deluxe varies much from other Les Pauls?

Reactions: Arf

Arf

Reaction score
Thanks, congratulations to you too!

It's been a long time since I had that Deluxe. I can't recall if the tone of a Deluxe varies much from other Les Pauls?
Just like you'd think - a little more snap, a little less output; not quite the cocky midrange of a P-90, mellower. very versatile.

scooter500

Reaction score
Just like you'd think - a little more snap, a little less output; not quite the cocky midrange of a P-90, mellower. very versatile.
Wow, now I have a good reason to stop by the Guitar Center, etc. and look for a used Les Paul Deluxe to try out

Arf

Reaction score
Wow, now I have a good reason to stop by the Guitar Center, etc. and look for a used Les Paul Deluxe to try out
They do change the pickups over time but generally that's how they sound. And mine are Seymour Duncan Seymourized minis. Maybe a little more power than my school buddy's original '77.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deluxe Goldie was always my favorite....

Best of all worlds... Like a quieter P90 from hell to me... Bites like a honey badger under the right conditions...

Barry Bailey's old Goldie Deluxe still give me chills when I hear it....

TrackerDan

Reaction score
I'm addicted to my LP Custom and I just can never get tired of it. This model is a 2011 I believe. It's been my number one since I got it 3 years ago. Just an awesome guitar all around. Neck is perfect. Action isn't too low or too high. Pick-ups are high output and have a nice warm feeling. I want another Custom at some point. I wish they still made the Custom Lite.

Been playing it for a good 2 hours a day since the pandemic. Working from home gives me extra time for toys! :]

View attachment 482958 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482959
That's the ticket!

Dr Don

Reaction score
I'm addicted to my LP Custom and I just can never get tired of it. This model is a 2011 I believe. It's been my number one since I got it 3 years ago. Just an awesome guitar all around. Neck is perfect. Action isn't too low or too high. Pick-ups are high output and have a nice warm feeling. I want another Custom at some point. I wish they still made the Custom Lite.

Been playing it for a good 2 hours a day since the pandemic. Working from home gives me extra time for toys! :]

View attachment 482958 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482959
Check out this Chibson knockoff... A sub $300 "masterpiece" with one saving grace.. Seymour Duncan SH-1 and SH-4 Pups. It's a blast to play and of course, it sounds great.

Attachments

• Clipshot.jpg
    Clipshot.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2044.jpg
    IMG_2044.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 21
  • before2.jpg
    before2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: ehb

MaxBrothman

Reaction score
Gear addiction is real. GAS is real.

The upside to gear addiction is that the money doesn't disappear up your nose, into the toilet, or in a cloud of smoke.

dscottyg

Reaction score
Gear addiction is real. GAS is real.

The upside to gear addiction is that the money doesn't disappear up your nose, into the toilet, or in a cloud of smoke.
I’ve been watching videos on how to beat GAS. Mainly keep setting goals for playing to keep you busy.

Latest Threads