I got a problem

Roger66

Reaction score
I'm addicted to my LP Custom and I just can never get tired of it. This model is a 2011 I believe. It's been my number one since I got it 3 years ago. Just an awesome guitar all around. Neck is perfect. Action isn't too low or too high. Pick-ups are high output and have a nice warm feeling. I want another Custom at some point. I wish they still made the Custom Lite.

Been playing it for a good 2 hours a day since the pandemic. Working from home gives me extra time for toys! :]

View attachment 482958 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482959
I guess 2011 was a good year. I have a 2011 LP Supreme and it is the bee's knees, in my opinion. That is a GORGEOUS guitar.

MichaelAndrew3435

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, you're on fire! :dude:
I really like the 496r/500t set, great for high gain, lots of definition.
Very underestimated in my opinion.

How does the playability on this gorgeous red compare to the one which originated this post in the first place?
Any notable differences?
After getting the red one setup, not a huge playability difference but I notice some subtle characteristics with the action on each guitar. Palm muting is much better with the red LPC vs the tan, for example.

Pancreas

Reaction score
I'm addicted to my LP Custom and I just can never get tired of it. This model is a 2011 I believe. It's been my number one since I got it 3 years ago. Just an awesome guitar all around. Neck is perfect. Action isn't too low or too high. Pick-ups are high output and have a nice warm feeling. I want another Custom at some point. I wish they still made the Custom Lite.

Been playing it for a good 2 hours a day since the pandemic. Working from home gives me extra time for toys! :]

View attachment 482958 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482959
Wow! That's freaking beautiful man. I'd be addicted too.

dscottyg

Reaction score
Ain’t love grand? I get it! I have only had my Standard 50s since last October, but I know that if I could only have one, it’s the ONE!
I got the Standard 50s last year too. It’s the perfect guitar.

thelegendnedk

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would re finish the top in translucent black to make it look more like original LPC keeping the flame visable I think they look a bit downmaket stripping the top !

omm

Reaction score
What year is your Cherry Burst. Looks Norlin Era. How does it compare to your more modern LPC (on the right). Here's my 84 - very similar to yours! This 84 feels the "best" out of all my LPs but the pickups are so low output (6.99 on bridge, 7.01 on neck) and don't drive an amp all that well. Does your more modern LPC also have significantly higher output than your Norlins?
View attachment 483365
Kinda reminds me of his:
115413701.jpg

decoy205

Reaction score
love customs! Here’s my recently acquired ‘73 which I bonded instantly with. I had a 2007 before which was nice but this one just clicked with me. It’s a keeper! Lots of great guitars here!

DaveSG

Reaction score
This is prob the most well known guitar in the history of MLP. Beautiful guitar!

Latest Threads