I got a problem

MichaelAndrew3435

Reaction score
I'm addicted to my LP Custom and I just can never get tired of it. This model is a 2011 I believe. It's been my number one since I got it 3 years ago. Just an awesome guitar all around. Neck is perfect. Action isn't too low or too high. Pick-ups are high output and have a nice warm feeling. I want another Custom at some point. I wish they still made the Custom Lite.

Been playing it for a good 2 hours a day since the pandemic. Working from home gives me extra time for toys! :]

antique2.jpg
antique 1.jpg
antique 1.jpg
antique5.jpg

Last edited:

Deathray

Reaction score
Ain’t love grand? I get it! I have only had my Standard 50s since last October, but I know that if I could only have one, it’s the ONE!

smk506

Reaction score
That is quite the problem on your hands there. I’d be happy to shoulder the burden for you for awhile if you need a break though...

Actually, that could be a genius plan to get a new guitar by the wife;

“Sell” me that one and buy a nice “replacement”. Then spend the next 4 months complaining about how much you LOVE your new guitar, but miss the old one.

Then, when I “run into a financial hardship”, you can be a real pal and “buy it back from me,” at “a severely reduced price”, of course.

If you’re real sly about it, the guitar never even needs to leave the house! :eek2:

But seriously, that is a stunning guitar. I don’t much care for strong tight flame and natural maple has never been in my top 10, but put them together and it really works. :cheers2:

Knoby

Reaction score
I'm addicted to my LP Custom and I just can never get tired of it. This model is a 2011 I believe. It's been my number one since I got it 3 years ago Just an awesome guitar all around. Neck is perfect. Action isn't too low or too high. Pick-ups are high output and have a nice warm feeling. I want another Custom at some point. I wish they still made the Custom Lite.

Been playing it for a good 2 hours a day since the pandemic. Working from home gives me extra time for toys! :]

View attachment 482958 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482957 View attachment 482959
That is a very nice piece. I know what you mean about the custom lite. What is the weight of your one?

MichaelAndrew3435

Reaction score
That is a very nice piece. I know what you mean about the custom lite. What is the weight of your one?
Not sure on the weight, but I think it's pretty light for a Custom. I feel they're typically thought of as being on the heavier side. Maybe because of the double binding? My old R8 felt much heavier.

And yeah I made a subtle rant post about the Custom Lites and the current market for them. I bought a 2013 model in excellent condition 4 years ago for $1600 - $1700 something. I see them on Reverb now for around $2000 - $2500. Might as well just get another Custom. The Custom is CS made and comes with an ebony board. You can get a real nice used one for around $2700, maybe lower. You could also get a vintage one for around that price.

Last edited:

MichaelAndrew3435

Reaction score
well shoot, that's no problem at all
The problem is more so with the lack of attention my other guitars get these days. I probably play my Strat or Taylor acoustic about 2 times a month. One good thing about the pandemic is I've had more time to play my electrics and I can play them in the morning since I don't have an hour commute to work anymore. I would be way too tired to play my electrics after getting home from my office. I'd usually just noodle on my acoustic because I'd be too brain dead to do anything else.

MSB

Reaction score
The problem is more so with the lack of attention my other guitars get these days. I probably play my Strat or Taylor acoustic about 2 times a month. One good thing about the pandemic is I've had more time to play my electrics and I can play them in the morning since I don't have an hour commute to work anymore. I would be way too tired to play my electrics after getting home from my office. I'd usually just noodle on my acoustic because I'd be too brain dead to do anything else.
no issue there imo. People go through swings, and with the times as they are, I wouldn't worry about loving that one too much

Slash'n'Burn

Reaction score
Very nice! Looks immaculate.
Just don't end up with hand injuries like me from too much practice time every day, my Custom isn't getting much use while I recover.

Best advice I've had from doctors is to give your hands (particularly fretting hand) 10 minutes of rest for every hour of playing whenever you can, to prevent overload and injury.

blouie

Reaction score
The problem I see is you only have one.
View attachment 482964
View attachment 482965

You need to work on that.;)
What year is your Cherry Burst. Looks Norlin Era. How does it compare to your more modern LPC (on the right). Here's my 84 - very similar to yours! This 84 feels the "best" out of all my LPs but the pickups are so low output (6.99 on bridge, 7.01 on neck) and don't drive an amp all that well. Does your more modern LPC also have significantly higher output than your Norlins?
IMG_20200427_165629_01.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads