I got a lil crazy, welp maybe a lil insane

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welp The other day I was checkin out used amps and plugged into this Mesa Single Rectifier Recto Verb 50, and well IT got me, the tone the controls I got the GAS real bad for it,. Welp I went and traded my Two Marshall JCM 900 Combo and JTM 30 for it, IT just sounded THAT Good I couldnt afford the cash for it, Call me nuts or insame and I Really usually dislike Mesa Boogies !

MIDNIGHT

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Welp The other day I was checkin out used amps and plugged into this Mesa Single Rectifier Recto Verb 50, and well IT got me, the tone the controls I got the GAS real bad for it,. Welp I went and traded my Two Marshall JCM 900 Combo and JTM 30 for it, IT just sounded THAT Good I couldnt afford the cash for it, Call me nuts or insame and I Really usually dislike Mesa Boogies !
both the JCM 900 AND the JTM 30 !?!? :eek2:

it must sound THAT good then :applause:

ya think you can make an audio or video sample for us? :fingersx:

:wave:

:hippie:

tiedstick

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
No worries my friend! Sometimes it feels nice getting rid of a lot of stuff to get something you really want. Here's what I sold to buy my Epi LP and my first tube amp (my current JCM 800) :

-vintage basketball cards from when I was little
-my old pets (snakes, tarantulas, a couple scorpions)
-stolen cigarettes
-grass
-old "Air Jordans"
-a bunch of my artwork
-some clothes to second-hand shops
-some old skateboard decks from when I got them for free
-my bike...and a stolen one.
-...and I worked three jobs (so basically, my soul)

I don't regret it one bit. :)

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
both the JCM 900 AND the JTM 30 !?!? :eek2:

it must sound THAT good then :applause:

ya think you can make an audio or video sample for us? :fingersx:

:wave:

:hippie:
I will see what I can do Jason, I am glad nobody taped or video/'ed me at my Local blues jam, Got sandwiched with this semi decent female singer , Two mediocre tunes and a trainwreck outta Stormy Monday BLues But I do like the sound of this amp

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I did a reverse kind of trade straight accross, believe it
or not, i traded a new Valvestate 30watt STRAIGHT accross
for my late 1980's Marshall JCM 800 100 watt tube head
that was at Guitar Center Hollywood, talk about being blown
away.:applause:

But really if you find an amp that sounds that good, its worth all
the amps you can trade.

Blues Power

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have the 900 and its really nothing id miss if i sold or tradded it. The JTM is cool but the Mesa would blow it away imo. so i think you got a good deal

enjoy it

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i have the 900 and its really nothing id miss if i sold or tradded it. The JTM is cool but the Mesa would blow it away imo. so i think you got a good deal

enjoy it
Blues, well I did like that 900, was an early combo with EL 34's , The JTM seems to have had a similar circut to the Fender Hot Rod series, crank the gain and up went the mids and lows . This Mesa just blows both amps away with its added features , I am a blues and southern rocker

coldsteal2

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yea they sound really good for southern blues rock, like Rossington Collins etc.

axxeone

Reaction score
Boogies really boogie!
You need to check out some EARLY boogies
Like mkII they sound great ....Had a hard time not to buying one!:slash:

lp59aholicDon

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Boogies really boogie!
You need to check out some EARLY boogies
Like mkII they sound great ....Had a hard time not to buying one!:slash:
One of my best friends has a early MK11 with the wood cab, rattan front grill, EQ, I have played it fully cranked at both 60 and 100 watt settings, I swear that amp is pushing over 120 Watts wide open Yep I have played a few the probs I always had with many I tried were they either had a dead toneless clean channel. or couldnt clean up with any tone, this one does not suffer that problem , Clean as a Twin up to its full 50 watts or I get get a pushed" Fender blackface breakup " with a flick of the switch. I tried damn hard NOT to like this amp, Didnt work !:shock::shock::rofl::rofl::slash:

Latest Threads