I Found the Needle I was looking for

ddh101

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I decided I wanted a “Worn Ebony” Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute Double-cut.

I combed the internet looking for what my heart desired and this one was the only one I could find. None at Sam Ash, Zzounds, American Music Supply, Sweetwater, no mom & pop, Chicago Music Exchange ..... nowhere except one at Guitar Center in the greater SanFran area - @ $599. It was the proverbial needle in the guitar haystack. Thank you, Guitar Center. New strings and a set up later and it’s a sweet playing/sounding guitar. P90’s are, well, sweet.

Probably gonna put a Tonepros AVT2 bridge on it to maximize its intonation accuracy. Other than that, it’s one heck of a stripped down, glorious, music-making tool just the way it is.

PS: Early Retirement gift to self. A nice little exclamation point on a 31 year career.

Attachments

rikko

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I decided I wanted a “Worn Ebony” Gibson Les Paul Special Tribute Double-cut.

I combed the internet looking for what my heart desired and this one was the only one I could find. None at Sam Ash, Zzounds, American Music Supply, Sweetwater, no mom & pop, Chicago Music Exchange ..... nowhere except one at Guitar Center in the greater SanFran area - @ $599. It was the proverbial needle in the guitar haystack. Thank you, Guitar Center. New strings and a set up later and it’s a sweet playing/sounding guitar. P90’s are, well, sweet.

Probably gonna put a Tonepros AVT2 bridge on it to maximize its intonation accuracy. Other than that, it’s one heck of a stripped down, glorious, music-making tool just the way it is.

PS: Early Retirement gift to self. A nice little exclamation point on a 31 year career.
That's a MEAN MACHINE!

Sparky84

Reaction score
Congrats, that‘s a great-sounding guitar with incredible feel, and it’s such a bargain. Love the neck and the P-90s. Gibson got this right on build quality and price point; I’ve got the blue stain version.

restless

Reaction score
Ha just did the same thing with the LP jr dc trib, got it yesterday, shipping box had busted open and Bout got a small dent that GC discounted $50 on. I have to say its the best $500 G brand guitar possible

DADDEO

Reaction score
HEY!, that's MY guitar. Notwithstanding your in a different continent and I can't afford one, it's still MY GUITAR!!!!!.:applause:

The Jaywalker

Reaction score
Great score!
I snapped up a worn cherry when the price dropped on these. I always wanted a DC , the timing was right and it has P90's! All the others in my room are looking on with envy while I lavish my attention on this unrefined cousin.

Dilver

Reaction score
That’s the color I would’ve wanted. Congrats on retirement!

Latest Threads