I finally realized the internet's full potential, I went grocery shopping on line and it's all being delivered today for free.

NRBQ

Reaction score
When pure laziness meets pure convenience it's a wonderful thing. Like most people I go to the grocery store to shop, I was going to head out to Aldi today so I went on their site to see when they open. Once I get there there's a big sign, shop online and we'll deliver it today for free. Use this code and well give you $10 off your first three purchases. So that's it, I've finally made the leap to the 19th century yeah! I'm doin it ma I'm really shopping on line. Well anyway, it's way cool, I just did my shopping in the raw ain't life grand. It's a brave new world, point and click, ketchup is on the way. Anyone else grocery shop online? I feel like I'm cheating or something.

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Mother-in-law is 90 and doesn't drive so my wife orders online from the local store and picks it up on the way to visit.

Not quite home delivery but a time saver to pull in, have it loaded and go.

JTM45

Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds cool. Let us know how the produce looks. I always wonder if the pickers are as picky as me when selecting fruit and veg.
I wonder the same thing, I’m really picky about bruised fruit and veggies, boxed goods, frozen goods I’m ok with but I am a picky shopper

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I wonder the same thing, I’m really picky about bruised fruit and veggies, boxed goods, frozen goods I’m ok with but I am a picky shopper
Meat as well. There's a steak and then there's the cut with the sweet marbling. Or pork chops, which are sometimes meaty and other times, mostly fat.

But yeah, other packaged items would be fine. I don't have any service like this where I live.

rogue3

Reaction score
Meat as well. There's a steak and then there's the cut with the sweet marbling. Or pork chops, which are sometimes meaty and other times, mostly fat.

But yeah, other packaged items would be fine. I don't have any service like this where I live.
yup.and by the time i've done that, might as well pick up the rest,but, only if it's on sale.I must pay less than the going market rate(at least 30%),or it's not worth it.Problem is,can it all be done at one store? Answer is ...yes. But hard to find.My local has the finest meat dep't i've ever seen.Cuts are great.Prices are over the top,but they have weekly heavily discounted selections of meat and the other stuff..Fine cuts.and its just 3 blocks from where i live.The name does not matter,do they deliver?

My local does.It all depends on who is managing the store,and their manager is top shelf,based on his offerings.And the butcher! Best at one stop shop i've ever seen.and affordable too.The budget/ sale meat locker in the meat dep't.
And sale on everything else i buy,on a rotating basis.predictable.So i just check the regular stuff i use when i go in for something,if on sale,buy more than i need,and it lasts till they are on sale again.That is the key.I feel like a fett cheap meat advocate. :rofl:

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
I actually enjoy grocery shopping . I have a Wegman's in my area , which is similar to a Whole Foods setup . lots of pretty / clean / happy people . all going about their daily routines . the experience has a certain " vibe " to it

if I go to the Sure Save , or discount market on the South Side of town . totally different Energy in that place . kind of like a miserable groaning hum . the Aldi's in our area is also like that . a lot of boxed and processed junk . it's no wonder that the shoppers aren't happy __ if that's what they're eating

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Reaction score
Pizza and sammiches, take-out food with Uber Eats, Russian wives, new car, groceries, etc.... all online....

I need to figure out how to get a delivery driver job charging twenty-five bucks for delivering but use free delivery options... I can stay in my bunny slippers 24/7....

NRBQ

Reaction score
So I got a text saying the name of my shopper and that she was beginning her collection of my items. Got another text saying I'd have to sub something else instead of the ravioli I ordered and that they were out of eggs. Then she found the ravioli and will check again on the eggs, if they're out, they'll put any items charged back on my card. So far they seem to be very efficient, confirming any changes after out text. It's pretty impressive, and makes the whole thing a lot easier on me. The tip for the delivery is already paid for in advance as well. It states that all the money left for the tip goes to the delivery person, so that's cool.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Pizza and sammiches, take-out food with Uber Eats, Russian wives, new car, groceries, etc.... all online....
just don't order the wife from the same place that you get the pizza and sammiches

• Haha
Reactions: ehb

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My daughter, the quintessential millennial, does this all the time.

I could almost make a case for non-perishables, maybe. It depends on how entitled you feel. But, produce, meats, fish and such.... never. I pick my own, leaving the garbage for the home delivery crowd.

A long time ago, after watching Wall-E, my wife said that will be our children's generation. Wise woman. No one will ever get off the recliner.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I use the delivery service from time to time, I love it. Only once did I have an issue with produce to which they refunded me on and gave me all replacements for free.
I used delivery back in England 20+ years ago, so I was happy it finally came here.

Deliveries are always on time and the app tells me where the driver is from the moment they arrive at the store to when they get here. I get texts when my order is being picked to when it is ready.

I only opt for substitutions if I don't care what other brand or alternate they give me. So far, the substitutions are a larger quantity for the same price, so I benefited. For example, I wanted a small tray of ground beef, but ended up with a large tray.

They use doordash for deliveries here. What I learned from the drivers, I now only pay tips in cash.

The drivers get a base pay from doordash. For example $2. They are guaranteed say $10 for this job.
If you tip say $5 online, the driver will still only get $10. The $5 go towards the guaranteed amount.
So doordash pays the driver $2 base pay plus the $5 tips then they pay the driver the difference to meet the guaranteed $10.

So even though the tips may go to the driver, it is taken away from their guaranteed amount. So it is best to pay cash as tips, that way they will get it and doordash will have to pay the $10 themselves.

I've been using the three free deliveries they are offering with a code, so I just pay the tips in cash to driver.

rogue3

Reaction score
I use the delivery service from time to time, I love it. Only once did I have an issue with produce to which they refunded me on and gave me all replacements for free.
I used delivery back in England 20+ years ago, so I was happy it finally came here.

I only opt for substitutions if I don't care what other brand or alternate they give me. So far, the substitutions are a larger quantity for the same price, so I benefited. For example, I wanted a small tray of ground beef, but ended up with a large tray.

They use doordash for deliveries here. What I learned from the drivers, I now only pay tips in cash.

The drivers get a base pay from doordash. For example $2. They are guaranteed say $10 for this job.
If you tip say $5 online, the driver will still only get $10. The $5 go towards the guaranteed amount.
So doordash pays the driver $2 base pay plus the $5 tips then they pay the driver the difference to meet the guaranteed $10.

So even though the tips may go to the driver, it is taken away from their guaranteed amount. So it is best to pay cash as tips, that way they will get it and doordash will have to pay the $10 themselves.

I've been using the three free deliveries they are offering with a code, so I just pay the tips in cash to driver.
excellent pickup.i will tip in cash.thx!

jb_abides

Reaction score

I need to figure out how to get a delivery driver job charging twenty-five bucks for delivering but use free delivery options... I can stay in my bunny slippers 24/7....
Hehe... why get a wive when you bid to get an assortment of related services?

• Haha
Reactions: ehb