I finally pulled the trigger on the LP TV yellow special ...

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok guys probably the guitar i've wanted the most out of all the other ones i've bought over the last few months.. deff the last one for now unless you guys know of a good divorce attorney !!! GC was out of stock as usual so i swung over to zz sounds and they had it in stock. first time dealing with these guys hope it's a positive deal. Says monday so i will keep u guys posted..

1600336399812.png

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
no problems? do they seems like they are going to last? i honestly don't want to replace them until i wear them out... how long you had ur's for? how old is it??

rbraad68

Reaction score
was thinking of using 11 guage strings on this guitar. what guage strings u guys using? i like the heavier strings on the cleaner sounding guitars this one seems like a good solid guitar for the heavier strings....

DrBGood

Reaction score
no problems? do they seems like they are going to last? i honestly don't want to replace them until i wear them out... how long you had ur's for? how old is it??
Wearing down tuners ? Never heard that before ... how do you do that ?

rbraad68

Reaction score
seriously?? i mean will they last? how cheap are these things is what im asking. ive had grover tuners for over 20 years that are still good cause they wernt cheap to begin with.... infact i pulled a set of tuners off that 2010 lp studio epi i bought not too long ago and those things were slap wore out so asking about them wearing out isnt a stupid question...

Mick Weiss

Reaction score
I got one from ZZounds as well, It's actually a very nice guitar, It turns my fingers black, which has to do with the stain they used on the fingerboard. Now that I've played it a while that seems to have gone away. It stays in tune better than any of my Gibsons for some reason. I think it might have something to do with the fat neck. The tuners are fine, they look like Kluson tuners with buttons. It weighs 8 lbs even, so nice and comfortable and well balanced. The pickups have a tad less output than my Gibson P90 guitars, but good tone, in fact very close to my Gibson Special p90s. The fretwork is pretty good though no
IMG_1520.JPG
t as good as my Gibson Special, just a couple spots where the fret shows a high spot with a rocker. The fingerboard isn't real dark or pretty, but it is quite smooth, almost glassy. Overall a very good guitar for the money!

cliffenstein

Reaction score
My fingerboard is very dark...super happy about it. Tuners are great. They are 18 to 1 ratio and don’t feel cheap in the least. I took them out and replaced with Kluson Revolution locking tuners but went back to the stock tuners because the locking tuners weighed just enough that I was getting a touch of neck dive and I am not down with that. Happy to be rocking the stock everything on this guitar...well, except the strap buttons. Replaced those with my normal Dunlop Straplok buttons.

I use 11’s too. Didn’t have to widen the nut slots after doing so either.

Freaking great guitar!!!!

rbraad68

Reaction score
My fingerboard is very dark...super happy about it. Tuners are great. They are 18 to 1 ratio and don’t feel cheap in the least. I took them out and replaced with Kluson Revolution locking tuners but went back to the stock tuners because the locking tuners weighed just enough that I was getting a touch of neck dive and I am not down with that. Happy to be rocking the stock everything on this guitar...well, except the strap buttons. Replaced those with my normal Dunlop Straplok buttons.

I use 11’s too. Didn’t have to widen the nut slots after doing so either.

Freaking great guitar!!!!
thats what i was hoping to hear about the tuners. this is the first "NEW" guitar ive had in a verry long time!! hell i think my PRS EG bolt on from back in the day was the last guitar i bought new. i honestly don't want to have to replace anything for a while but i also know that for what these things cost something is going to need to be replaced. i have heard nothing but good about this guitar so hopefully i will have the same experiance.. when i get the guitar and do the first setup on it i am going to hang some 11's on it. just looks like a solid enough guitar to put them on.. fedex tracking page say's sunday for delievery .. never had anything delievered on sunday so we will see monday is fine with me....

DrBGood

Reaction score
seriously?? i mean will they last? how cheap are these things is what im asking. ive had grover tuners for over 20 years that are still good cause they wernt cheap to begin with.... infact i pulled a set of tuners off that 2010 lp studio epi i bought not too long ago and those things were slap wore out so asking about them wearing out isnt a stupid question...
I still never heard about wearing out tuners until you mentionned it. Maybe I don't read enough guitar forums.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I still never heard about wearing out tuners until you mentionned it. Maybe I don't read enough guitar forums.

i think u need to reread what im saying. i'm simply talking about the tuners and what u guys think about them?. are they going to last or they going to wear out within a yr ( fall apart ) shit like that man. it's a simple question.. u dont want to answer the question thats fine.. but dont come in here trying to be a troll for what ever reason u have. just move on no need for ur hate.

rbraad68

Reaction score
( no problems? do they seems like they are going to last? i honestly don't want to replace them until i wear them out... how long you had ur's for? how old is it?? )

that is what i posted above. i guess what ur saying is my use of the phrase " wear them out " is what you keep going on about?? to make my self clear on this and to end this BS .. i want to use the org tuners as long as i can before they fall apart since it's a new guitar i dont want to replace anything unless i have to. out of respect for u man im going to leave this alone....

DrBGood

Reaction score
No hate, just disbelief. I've been trying to help you in your numerous private messages and this is what I get for a thanks ? I learned something today then ...

So I'll answer straight out then. NO they will not wear out, not more than the bridge or pickups. So don't worry about them and rock that thing.

Happy ?
Bye bye

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
Do tuners wear out? I have a set of bone stock generic Gibby tuners on a 40 year old guitar and have never felt like they had aged and needed replaced

Latest Threads