I dont understand our current position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamtone

Reaction score
On bombing in Iraq and Syria, wtf could we be bombing that we havent already blown to hell? How is this going to get the populace behind us and not further push the people towards the folks not raining down munitions?

Back in the 20's and 30's the Us. was engaged in several small conflicts in So. America where a manual was written and coined "Small wars manual" this was reading for every Marine Corps officer, and later was adopted into special warfare teachings.

This is how to fight within a populace against a radical enemy. I dont understand why with these all out wars we're just playing into the hands of thugs by bombing the crap out of a place, this never works. I know it made for great tv viewing during the first gulf war where we destroyed an enemy via air power but they were;

A. A real army with command and control and attached to a government
B. Second rate paper tiger
C. Was apposed by the entire free world.

Wars are not won with bombs;

U.S. Marine Corps - Small Wars Manual (1940 Edition)

hrfdez

Reaction score
You are right, we should send the B52 Bombers and actually carpet bomb the whole place. Pinpoint strikes? Forget about it, do it WWII style:thumb:

I'll be over in no time......

Howard2k

Reaction score
"Attn Middle East: We're sorry for fcuking with your shit for all these years. We're getting the **** out. Have nice lives."

It's the only way.

Hamtone

Reaction score
I dont think mass genocide for an entire region on the planet is an answer.

hrfdez

Reaction score
Tell that to the families of the 9-11 victims, tell that to the families of all the Jews that have been persecuted by these animals, tell that to all the victims of suicide bombers all over the world. Just saying....

HenryHill

Reaction score
I subscribe to the Glass Parking Lot approach.

Anybody with any sense has left Syria.

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelet.

Let's just cook this one crispy, and be done with it.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I guess many have the impression that if you don't touch them you don't get your hands dirty.
The bombings are probably or wishfully followed by operations conducted by the official Irak and Syria forces.

Politics are run with the public opinion in mind.
I'm not an expert on the subject but wasn't the final uproar against the Vietnam war triggered by seeing body bags coming back to the States?
If USA was to send ground combat troops and suffer a significant number of casualties, public opinion wouldn't be easy to handle.

FWIW, that ISIS thing is only the beginning of something nastier than anything we've seen before.
It has to be crushed quickly. Although I doubt that it can be. There are (hundreds of?) thousands
of fanatics being "religion commando" trained from the cradle right now.
Like spores form a space creature silently waiting to hatch to invade Earth in a Sci-fi movie.
In the very long run, they might very well rule the Arab world, Europe and what else?
Time to get busy.

Hamtone

Reaction score
Tell that to the families of the 9-11 victims, tell that to the families of all the Jews that have been persecuted by these animals, tell that to all the victims of suicide bombers all over the world. Just saying....

Im no tree hugging hippy but lets be real here, Iraq didnt not perpetrate 911, nor did syria. Everyone was mostly from Saudi.

Now, are they animals? Yup. Are there animals in Africa doing this same stuff? Yup.

Do you suppose if we actually went and organized this action properly and didnt bomb the fk out of them we might have a better leg to stand on?

We've killed in the ballpark of 500k+ in the last 12 years. Yup some awful stuff happened to our people right here in the states. I dont think a perpetual war via the air is going to unradicalize people

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was unaware that Congress declared another war. I must have missed it over the news of the new iphone launch. :rolleyes: Maybe we can give another Nobel Peace Prize?

/bring all of our troops home please
//NOW!!!!

OTOH, we probably caused/created the crisis just like our endless 21st century meddling in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc etc etc etc etc etc

hrfdez

Reaction score
I'm a veteran of Just Cause and Desert Storm. To address the actual point, I agree, you can't win a war with air strikes alone.

Even during Desert Storm we still hit the ground and got a lot of Intel and other things that otherwise would have not been possible. We did kicked ass with mostly air power, but Hussein was a different type of enemy.

HenryHill

Reaction score
Pretty sure we got boots there; they just aren't talking about it.

hrfdez

Reaction score
Im no tree hugging hippy but lets be real here, Iraq didnt not perpetrate 911, nor did syria. Everyone was mostly from Saudi.

Now, are they animals? Yup. Are there animals in Africa doing this same stuff? Yup.

Do you suppose if we actually went and organized this action properly and didnt bomb the fk out of them we might have a better leg to stand on?

We've killed in the ballpark of 500k+ in the last 12 years. Yup some awful stuff happened to our people right here in the states. I dont think a perpetual war via the air is going to unradicalize people

I get your point buddy, but this is a different enemy. Between them and my family safety, I choose my family. I say we are not doing enough, but that's the veteran in me.

LongBeach

Reaction score
I was wondering the other night how much good this is actually going to do.
Do any of us really know if they are actually hitting these "targets" or, just blowing the shit out of that country again.

I hate to seem cold-hearted by acknowledging I really don't give a flying f#ck.
But, that's the way it is.

IMO: Get everybody out (foreigners) Let them take care of themselves.
Stop wasting money trying to train them, it didn't work the 1st time.

Focus on our own countries.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
How do you win a war against an ideology? Can you bomb an ideology out of existance? Who'll sign the formal surrender and the peace treaty for the ideology? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind killing murderous scum when they threaten us or I see that they've crucified children, raped and beheaded women and executed innocent civilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads