I don't know my rights...

MikeyTheCat

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My mom used to flick the Marlboro she was smoking at them as she would tell them to "kiss her fat ass".
Of course that never went well considering it was usually my dad who pulled her over.

This is still the closest to what my dad taught me along with don't be too helpful just sit with your hands on top of the wheel.

scott1970

Reaction score
Can you take the money, and give 'im a ticket anyway?

I mean, he's gonna look dumb complaining that you took his bribe without delivering his favoritism...

The funny thing (to me, he didn’t know) was he wasn’t getting a ticket when I stopped him. I don’t like writing them, so he was going to get a freebie warning. Then he went stupid. So, I got writer’s cramp before he left, and dumb dumb got to spend a lot of those twenties.

I Break Things

Reaction score
The funny thing (to me, he didn’t know) was he wasn’t getting a ticket when I stopped him. I don’t like writing them, so he was going to get a freebie warning. Then he went stupid. So, I got writer’s cramp before he left, and dumb dumb got to spend a lot of those twenties.
That's how my dad was. If more people would just shut the fuck up and chill, less tickets would be written and less trees would be killed so @Marshall & Moonshine would have more trees go hog on wild with a chainsaw - cutting down damn willow trees for Christmas. Seriously, priorities, people. M&M needs shit to cut down for Christmas, at least to let out a little of that "holiday spirit" he's got going on. :laugh2:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
been stopped twice in my life, once for pulling out a junction and cutting it too close to oncoming traffic, breathalysed, passed and no ticket. Second time I was doing 25% over speed limit, i was all yes sir no sir, very sorry sir. No ticket. Honestly unless one is the local DA why would anyone bait the officer concerned?

rogue3

Reaction score
The roadkill tally up here seems to be going up. But i don't really know if it is, with screaming headlines and such. There is unquestionably many, tragic, preventable examples. Today, i walk, ride , or transit. I refuse to drive in the city. Too risky/don't need the hassel of a fender-bender...let alone hit an errant pedestrian...there are many. :eek2:

So i make my own observations. I can only talk about my own neck of the woods, because at least i can compare it to what was, what i've seen in the past.

People are driving fast. The amount of careless driving i've seen recently means as a pedestrian,you must take care,for yourself. There is a frustration out there, as traffic slows to a crawl, with more risky driving behaviour.
There is a perfect storm brewing, with road closures( infrastructure aging and must be replaced), more bikes and huge increase in pedestrian traffic, plus big increase in car traffic. Liveable city...but not for cars. Yet you simply cannot get people out of their vehicles.

I well know, hospital is the last hope for many for life saving treatment in illness.

Last hope for life saving treatment on the roads? Our traffic cops. I suggest you support them at all cost. If you have an encounter, be nice. Be friendly, and co-operative. Obey the law. They are working to keep us safe on the roads. just one example. They have to deal with the yahoos that drive like the ass they are. That is not an easy job. Quite a few useless killings of pedestrians here lately.
I left work last night, holy fvck. Like a shooting gallery on the local city streets. Never seen this level of driving carelessness before.

Last edited:

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
The roadkill tally up here seems to be going up. But i don't really know if it is, with screaming headlines and such. There is unquestionably many, tragic, preventable examples.
It is.
City I work for had something like 25 fatalities in the last 10 years.... 7 this year.

rogue3

Reaction score
It is.
City I work for had something like 25 fatalities in the last 10 years.... 7 this year.

Ya CB. That is my gut feeling,just looking at the display on local city roads where i work. Patience grows thin.

I am surprised with all the apparent hostility i am seeing, that there isn't more fisticuffs .

Pass the popcorn, still waiting for a show. :hyper:

rfrizz

Tenured Luser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
My philosophy is, don’t fight the cop, take it up with the judge. I came to this position after some trial and error.
At the same time, if you consent to a search, and a "friend" has left some drugs in your car (maybe a little bit of weed or a roach) then there's nothing you can do in front of a judge. If you object to the search, and the court finds no probable cause, then the evidence will not be admitted, and you will not be convicted.

rfrizz

Tenured Luser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
How true! It is possible to protect your rights without being an asshole to the cop.

BKS

Reaction score
How the Dutch deal with cops trying to read your rights....
rellen Rotterdam.jpg
Rellen-Rotterdam-2021-vernielingen-16x9-1.png

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
After my gig fubar last weekend with the insane bar owner pulling the plug on us, my bass player said "I look forward to the day I get a call to check out a noise complaint or whatever and have to come deal with this club owner"

My bass player is a local cop. I would pay to be a fly on the wall...

rfrizz

Tenured Luser
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my gig fubar last weekend with the insane bar owner pulling the plug on us, my bass player said "I look forward to the day I get a call to check out a noise complaint or whatever and have to come deal with this club owner"

My bass player is a local cop. I would pay to be a fly on the wall...

What happened? If you posted already, would you reply with a link?

Latest Threads