I don't care, I love my SG!

nasticanasta

Reaction score
I love my '94 Special w/ebony neck. I took this homeless baby in...wrong tuners, cracked pick guard, and crummy 490's. I took one look and knew a treasure was there...I nurtured her back to health, gave her the original beauty she was endowed with...and of course improved her voice with EMG's and now she sings like an Angel.
DSCF2372.jpg

sangandongo

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Quite. Keep adolescent masturbation to the main forum. :) (honestly, i guarantee that the OP probably didn't realize he even posted here and will not return.)

River

Reaction score
:wtf:

An SG with EMGs looks like a tricycle with five wheels.

OBX351

Reaction score
It's always fun having a project work out so well. I did the same thing 20 years ago with an old Fiesta Red ESP strat that no one wanted. I put a Fender '55 baseball bat neck, put in Barden pickups and upgraded the pots. It now screams. Anyway, it's a guitar that I'll never sell. Thanks for sharing your story!

JMV

Reaction score
At first I thought the pic was of the guitar before, because I just couldn't imagine anyone willingly installing EMGs in their guitar.

But whatever works for you, OP. It does look like a sweet player.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Vintage SG section promoting EMG's.... no wonder the flack you're getting...:laugh2:

OBX351

Reaction score
It's always fun having a project work out so well. I did the same thing 20 years ago with an old Fiesta Red w/ a green guard ESP strat that no one wanted. I put a Fender '55 baseball bat neck, put in Barden pickups and upgraded the pots. It now screams. Anyway, it's a guitar that I'll never sell. Thanks for sharing your story!

funny that I am quoting myself...anyway here's a pic of the start project above...

Attachments

• fiesta red strat.jpg
    fiesta red strat.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 36

nasticanasta

Reaction score
Eventually swapped out the EMG's for Seymour Duncan Custom Alnico 2, I have the 57/66 set on the LTD EC1000. In fact it's the only guitar now with EMG's. Seymour SH-4 Alnico 5 in the Orville LPS, Gold Lace Sensors in the Strat

ajory72

Reaction score
Eventually swapped out the EMG's for Seymour Duncan Custom Alnico 2, I have the 57/66 set on the LTD EC1000. In fact it's the only guitar now with EMG's. Seymour SH-4 Alnico 5 in the Orville LPS, Gold Lace Sensors in the Strat
Lol I love how you’re keeping your old thread going- give it another 10yrs and the 1994 SG Special may end up Vintage

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
necro thread but can you imagine that only 10 years ago ppl held emgs in higher esteem than the 490/498? the weed must have been stronger back then

moreles

Reaction score
Whagt I love is how everyone crapped on the OP in 2012 when all he did was redo the guitar to suit himself. And then he stuck with it, modding it again to suit himself. Way to go, OP. And BTW, I played an "impossible" hybrid active EMG/passive SD Tele (neck and body by Phil Kubicki) back in the day, doing everything from heavy rock to country, and nobody ever said anything but "that sounds great." Note: weed historians will all claim that today's product is vastly, vastly more powerful than it was back then.)

Latest Threads