I do so love me pawn shops!

BadPenguin

Reaction score
Found this beastie a little while ago, and was originally going to flip it, but DAMN, it's mine now!
A 2000 Samick "Sonata", WITH a Roland GK-2 pickup and a Wilkinson trem! Set neck PRS copy, with a nicer neck then the PRS's I've played in the past. GOTOH locking tuners and Dimarrizio pickups. (haven't a clue as to the model of the pickups, next string change, I'll find out.) Overall, it's just friggen wonderful! Great action, sustain, and it plays so well with my ancient MIDI crap!

Oh, and all this coolness cost me ........ wait for it..... wait for it.... $60USD!!!!!!!
GEDC1417.JPG

afireinside

Reaction score
Nice. I had a rad purple samick rockwell explorer copy. Crazy deep quilting, mahogany body that was bound. Wish i had never sold it. The gibby it replaced wasent a huge of a leap that i had expected.

moreles

Reaction score
Hope it holds up; I get asked to do a lot of repairs (all kinds: electrical faults, parts falling off, aging ungracefully) on Samicks.

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
Congrats on your pawnshop score.

I own 41 electric guitars and basses in my collection, and 21 of them came from pawnshops.

Almost everyone of the pawnshops scores I bought at 1/2 of or below the going market for these instruments.

Everyone of my acoustics were also scored at pawnshops at crazy low prices as well.

I religiously stop at as many pawnshops as I can everyday, 5 days a week.

This consistency has paid off many times with incredible deals.

These crazy pawnshop scores are the reason I don't buy from any online music stores ,E-bay, Reverb or forum classifieds.

Latest Threads