"I do not believe he would hurt anyone" - Mother of an armed robber

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I wonder why he would choose of all places, to rob a place where he once worked and knew the other employees. They would have recognized him.

Could it be that he knew there was a no gun policy there (having worked there) and thought the risk was worth it, or what would he have done if he was not shot? Would he walk away leaving them unharmed knowing they could identify him? Or shoot them?

Who knows what would have happened. I guess we will learn more in time.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
I wonder why he would choose of all places, to rob a place where he once worked and knew the other employees. They would have recognized him.

Could it be that he knew there was a no gun policy there (having worked there) and thought the risk was worth it, or what would he have done if he was not shot? Would he walk away leaving them unharmed knowing they could identify him?

I had a similar thought on that. It could be he knew of the no gun policy but why that store?? Why not go to another one where they didn't know him??

I think he was just rather stupid and that's why he chose that place to rob.. or attempt to.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had a similar thought on that. It could be he knew of the no gun policy but why that store?? Why not go to another one where they didn't know him??

I think he was just rather stupid and that's why he chose that place to rob.. or attempt to.

The mother did claim that there was bad feelings between the employees and him when he worked there. Revenge? Spite? Maybe he would have hurt them.

Either way, if true, as some claimed it was because he needed the money for his kid, going to a place you could be identified is rather stupid. There is more to this story I think.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
The mother did claim that there was bad feelings between the employees and him when he worked there. Revenge? Spite? Maybe he would have hurt them.

Either way, if true, as some claimed it was because he needed the money for his kid, going to a place you could be identified is rather stupid. There is more to this story I think.

You could be correct. If he wanted money for his kids he sure didn't do the right thing by losing his job there. I understand that there is interpersonal conflict at any job but at his age he should have realized that it's a job and it pays for his kids needs and that should have been his priority.

But, with him dead I don't know how much we'll find out about his motive for attempting to rob that particular store.

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You could be correct. If he wanted money for his kids he sure didn't do the right thing by losing his job there. I understand that there is interpersonal conflict at any job but at his age he should have realized that it's a job and it pays for his kids needs and that should have been his priority.

But, with him dead I don't know how much we'll find out about his motive for attempting to rob that particular store.

Well, the other two who were with him are still alive and the employees, so we might.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
Well, the other two who were with him are still alive and the employees, so we might.

Oh.. there were others with him.. so yup.. we might just find out what his motives were.

Robus

Reaction score

Could it be that he knew there was a no gun policy there (having worked there) and thought the risk was worth it, or what would he have done if he was not shot? Would he walk away leaving them unharmed knowing they could identify him? Or shoot them?

He knew where and when the money would be on hand. Yeah, not bright. Keep in mind his IQ would be in the 85 range, going on averages.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
He knew where and when the money would be on hand. Yeah, not bright. Keep in mind his IQ would be in the 85 range, going on averages.

Robbing a place where the employees know who you are isn't an indicator for Mensa membership.

Hack

Reaction score
These threads are why I miss CoC. He would be siding with the mother and condemning society. And you all would be wrong.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
I miss homz. But he died.

Just kidding.

About missing him.

He is dead though.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Here is why he's dead and Im alive.