"I do not believe he would hurt anyone" - Mother of an armed robber

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh boy is this rich.

So these morons were terrible parents and raised a crappy kid who got himself shot in the head because he robbed a Pizza Hut. And naturally they insist that he would never hurt anybody (despite being an armed robber) and that the employee was wrong to defend himself because - get this - it's law enforcement's job. What a pair of ****ing balloonheads.

He went looking for trouble. Surprise surprise, he found some. You gotta wonder, how many crimes he did before this one. You gotta wonder who he may have hurt already somewhere else. You gotta wonder, if he was such a nice person who wouldn't harm anyone, why did he go into armed robbery where it is understood that if you don't comply the robber will kill you (and maybe even if you do comply).

Live by the gun, die by the gun.

truckermde

Reaction score
I also haven't robbed a bank, assaulted women, or run for office, so I cannot, in your view, have an opinion on any of those topics either?
I see this argument all the time, usually to sidetrack someone else's opinion.

Well, sometimes it's more valid than others.

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
In my experience firsthand of a *lot* of criminals, either or both factors can be in play in any particular case. Sometimes people are bad all on their own, nobody "made" them that way. Nothing in Ted Bundy's family life made him a serial killer. Then again, crappy or nonexistent parenting - and, yes, sometimes enabling parenting - can make a good kid bad or a bad kid worse. And in many cases it isn't parents but peers and the cultural milieu. A hell of a lot of gangbangers have decent hard working mamas who tried as best they could- but their sh!thead homies had far more influence. Thug life is a lot easier (short term) than an honest living.

There's just no tellin'.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
You get put on unpaid suspension from a job like Pizza hut, you start looking the next day. **** that job, without guns in your face.

I've seen terrible people come from great parents OBK. Some people are just bad. Or you get kids that were spoiled by loving parents who turn out to be narcissistic aholes.

...a headshot is personal? Nahhh. Final yes, personal? No.

Anyone who spends any time gaming quickly develops the habit of always aiming for the head. You've got an entire generation raised on headshot twitch muscles.

ITs true. Every 12 year old knows you aim for the head to stop someone shooting, unless you can zing the gun out of their hand at 50 yards. :laugh2:

45WinMag

Reaction score
not trying to start a mess but I do genuinely want to know from some of you officers and ex-mil: if he was shot in the back of the left ear, would that automatically mean he was turning away or trying to get away? I only ask because that sometimes does have a bearing on these cases when they go to court. the lawyer could try to argue that he was no longer an immediate threat and therefore the shooting was unjustified

Those sort of arguments really don't fly in court anymore. A couple of decades ago, when concealed carry was starting to become more commonplace, some overzealous DAs were floating all sorts of ridiculous arguments to try to criminalize self-defense. These included things like ammunition choice, choice of caliber, modifications to the weapon, etc. Gun writer and defensive shooting expert Massad Ayoob used to write columns in gun magazines on the legal implications of such things, but little of that advice is relevant today (except his advice on how to interact with authorities following a defensive shooting). A turned head is an opportunity for self-defense, not mitigation of the threat.

Anyone who spends any time gaming quickly develops the habit of always aiming for the head. You've got an entire generation raised on headshot twitch muscles.

Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living, that's something else.

Deus Vult

Banned
Reaction score
He was just turning his life around. He was about to enroll in college. Probably an aspiring musician who was about to cure cancer.

He was only robbing people to buy toys for the local orphanage

LPJNoob

Reaction score
Oh boy is this rich.

So these morons were terrible parents and raised a crappy kid who got himself shot in the head because he robbed a Pizza Hut. And naturally they insist that he would never hurt anybody (despite being an armed robber) and that the employee was wrong to defend himself because - get this - it's law enforcement's job. What a pair of ****ing balloonheads.

Really sad thing is, now his parents will file a huge lawsuit against the city/state or Pizza Hut for some $$$ & PH will probably cave in & give them something

Otto tune

Reaction score
Really sad thing is, now his parents will file a huge lawsuit against the city/state or Pizza Hut for some $$$ & PH will probably cave in & give them something
Then, his momma can go on the speaking tour with Sabrina Fulton (Trayvon's mother) and Leslie McFadden (Mike Brown's mother) and tell the world how their kid's were murdered while minding their own business.

Robus

Reaction score
Then, his momma can go on the speaking tour with Sabrina Fulton (Trayvon's mother) and Leslie McFadden (Mike Brown's mother) and tell the world how their kid's were murdered while minding their own business.

Hey, those are the "Mothers of the Movement" you're talking about there... :laugh2:

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
"Their son, Michael Grace Jr., was shot and killed during an attempted robbery early Sunday morning."

Did I miss something? Nowhere did I read "attempted armed robbery".
If the "dudes" were not armed, shooting one of them in the head might have been "excessive force" or something like that.

I guess there is some video of the incident.
It's probably gonna pop up somewhere.

RustyNuts

Reaction score
"Their son, Michael Grace Jr., was shot and killed during an attempted robbery early Sunday morning."

Did I miss something? Nowhere did I read "attempted armed robbery".
If the "dudes" were not armed, shooting one of them in the head might have been "excessive force" or something like that.

I guess there is some video of the incident.
It's probably gonna pop up somewhere.

Read some other news reports on the incident. They clearly state that it was an armed robbery.

Robus

Reaction score
The dead perp had a gun in his possession.

RustyNuts

Reaction score
Pizza Hut guy saved the taxpayers a bunch of money.

Howard2k

Reaction score
Then they weren't great parents. Great people maybe, but not great parents. Crappy kid = Crappy parents. The quality of parenthood is defined solely by the quality of the child it produced. If you raised a bad kid then "I tried my best" doesn't cut it.

So you blame your parents, that's what you're saying :laugh2:

Latest Threads