"I do not believe he would hurt anyone" - Mother of an armed robber

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Oh boy is this rich.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) — It’s been a difficult week for parents Temia Hairston and Michael Grace Sr. Their son, Michael Grace Jr., was shot and killed during an attempted robbery early Sunday morning.

Police said Grace Jr. and two other people tried to rob a Pizza Hut in the 3200 block of Freedom Drive. During the incident, an employee fired his own handgun and killed Grace Jr.

Hairston said she learned of her son’s death on social media, and only got confirmation from police after contacting them first. The grieving mother said she has been left with dozens of questions about the situation that have thus far gone unanswered.

“If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston.

Hairston and Grace Sr. acknowledged that their son was breaking the law by robbing the business, and said they definitely don’t condone what he did.

“It was an act of desperation, but I do not believe that Michael would have hurt anyone,” said Hairston.

They said Grace Jr. had fallen on hard times and resorted to crime to provide for his own child. They also said their son used to work at the same Pizza Hut restaurant where the robbery happened. They maintain he never would have physically hurt anyone during the robbery.

WBTV contacted the local restaurant and the Pizza Hut corporation public relations line. Neither have confirmed that Grace Jr. worked as an employee at the Freedom Drive Pizza Hut. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department officials have not confirmed the information either.

The parents are angry that their son was shot and killed by an employee. They don’t believe the full story has been released to the public.

“Why in the hell did this guy have a gun?” questioned Hairston about the employee who shot her son.

She said her son was shot in the head, and she thinks the shooting may have even been personal, citing past conflicts Grace Jr. had had with other employees at the restaurant.

“This wasn’t a body shot. This was a head shot. My son was shot in the left side of his head just behind his ear. A head shot is personal,” said Hairston.

Even though their son was in the process of committing a crime, the family thinks his death was undeserved and unjustified.

“Even a criminal has a right, to a degree,” said Grace Sr. “I’m not advocating what my son did.”

The family said they want Pizza Hut to release more information about the situation and acknowledge that their son used to be a Pizza Hut employee.

Pizza Hut previously released the following statement about the incident:

The local Pizza Hut franchisee is fully cooperating with the Charlotte Police Department as they continue their investigation, but want to stress that the security of its staff is of utmost concern. They are providing support to the team members involved to ensure their health and well-being following this incident. The employee involved in the shooting has been placed on a leave of absence following further review.”

Hairston said she thinks the employee who shot her son needs to be in jail, and wants all parties involved in the situation to be honest about what happened.

CMPD released a statement when asked about Grace Jr. and his alleged previous history with Pizza Hut.

“The investigation is still ongoing,” the statement read, “any new information will be released by Public Affairs.”

Grace was just 29 years old and leaves behind a young son.

http://wncn.com/2016/11/03/parents-...-employee-fatally-shot-their-son-in-the-head/

So these morons were terrible parents and raised a crappy kid who got himself shot in the head because he robbed a Pizza Hut. And naturally they insist that he would never hurt anybody (despite being an armed robber) and that the employee was wrong to defend himself because - get this - it's law enforcement's job. What a pair of ****ing balloonheads.

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh Oh, here come the riots.

WhiteEpiLP

Reaction score
Thats an all round f'd up story right there.

jeff_farkas

Reaction score
The parents are angry that their son was shot and killed by an employee. They don’t believe the full story has been released to the public.

“Why in the hell did this guy have a gun?” questioned Hairston about the employee who shot her son.

Interesting.. she wonders why the employee had a gun?? Why did you son have a gun??

“It was an act of desperation, but I do not believe that Michael would have hurt anyone,” said Hairston.

Act of desperation?? Really?? So a "desperate" person is going to act in a rational manor under a stressful situation.. like when they're robbing a store at gun point and they will not hurt someone even by accident??

Bill Hicklin

Reaction score
“If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement,” said Hairston.

Effin' moron.

sk8rat

Reaction score
well stupid people raise stupid kids.

in case of armed robberies....:laugh2:

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
well stupid people raise stupid kids.

in case of armed robberies....:laugh2:

Well he shouldn't have! You can laugh, but armed criminals can get hurt if their victims have guns...

And I want to hear what the police union has to say about this... Private citizens should NOT be killing the people the police are supposed to kill!! That's just wrong...

Cheers

Sloppy Joe

Reaction score
We are not responsible for ourselves.
It's always someone else's fault.
Someone or something else is always to blame.

A common theme in America, these days

45WinMag

Reaction score
A head shot by a Pizza Hut employee is not "personal", a head shot by a Pizza Hut employee is luck.

WaywerdSon

Reaction score
Well he shouldn't have! You can laugh, but armed criminals can get hurt if their victims have guns...

And I want to hear what the police union has to say about this... Private citizens should NOT be killing the people the police are supposed to kill!! That's just wrong...

Cheers

I'm pretty sure thats a union violation. Pizza Hut better get ready to be picketed. EFFIN SCABS!!!!!!!!

Harmony

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting what Pizza Hut will do with the employee. Apparently he is on leave of absence, which could mean anything.
Pizza Hut have a no guns policy for the employees on their premises, so will they end up firing him over this?

They have fired employees in the past for self defense, due to the policy.

Roberteaux

Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Sad that somebody ended up dead, but I tend to have more sympathy for the employee who shot this robber than for the robber himself. I'm also sympathetic to the family of the slain, and am not really so incredibly down on his mother for her sentiments. She is, after all, his mother.

If others take up some vast hue and cry because some stickup artist ended up shot, I won't be surprised. But it won't change a damned thing because some human beings will always opt to defend themselves if they see a chance.

It's meaningless to suggest that "he wouldn't have hurt anybody", because in fact plenty of people are shot by violent criminals each year even though they offered no resistance to the criminal. I remember one time when two brothers killed five Taco Bell employees after herding them into a cooler. That was in Daytona Beach. There were various other shootings in which the victim did not offer resist as well.

If one goes around robbing people at gunpoint, it's scarcely a surprise when they end up clipped themselves.

--R

Zungle

Reaction score
Actually its quite simple....

You die while committing an armed felony.......Oh Well.

Fiat Lux

Reaction score
It will be interesting what Pizza Hut will do with the employee. Apparently he is on leave of absence, which could mean anything.
Pizza Hut have a no guns policy for the employees on their premises, so will they end up firing him over this?

They may well sack him, but I would have few concerns about the employee's future employment prospects.

Cheers

sk8rat

Reaction score
I'd hire the guy. head shot, first try. I'd have him be my personal security guard/pizza guy.

rabidhamster

Reaction score
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
The responses here are priceless Likes all around!

"Why did this guy have a gun! Only my little boy gets to have the gun!"

“If there was to be a death, it was not the place of the employee at Pizza Hut. That is the place of law enforcement, or, of course, my Little boy who gets to point guns at people to get whatever he wants, right now!! Even though he'd never, ever hurt them, honest.” said Hairston.

If I were in Pizza hut shooting a robber, those places are so tight I'd imagine the only opportunity you'd have would necessitate the head shot.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
The emplyee should be both fired AND comended. Most restaurants have a "no weapons/complience" policy, so what he did was technically wrong.

Had he missed, he could have started a shootout, which would have put not only himself, but all of his co-workers in a lot of danger.

twst1up

Reaction score
So, how do we know they were crappy parents? Ive known straight up criminals who've come from great families, with siblings who've thrived.

Blaming the parents isn't fair.

As for the dude who got shot: He dindunuffin!!!

jeff_farkas

Reaction score

I tend to agree that they will sack the guy. Shame.. he does have the right to protect himself.

Latest Threads