I did it... Gibson LPC RK, roll back to correct 54 specs (and I will never look back!)

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
After my honeymoon with my LPC Robby Krieger 54, I decided to pull the trigger and roll it back to full 54 specs, with Staple alnico 5, Correct Waffleback tuners, Vintage ABR1, Vintage Speedknobs (not repros), vintage strap buttons. Jebus, this thing now sounds absolutely mindblowing. The voice of the staple it’s pure joy, as expected, so yeah, I will never look back to the (very nice and good sounding) SD Mini Hum.

Let’s look how she looks now... :thumb:

Last edited:

JohnnyN

Premium Member
Reaction score
Great job, looks fantastic!
I love those early Customs (and RI) with P90 and staple pickups. Coolest classic :)

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
Very nice Pier. It's a beautiful guitar and I love the vintage specs you reverted to.

I admittedly know very little about the RK LPC, but what does the extra hole between the bridge and tail piece signify?

Guitpicky

Reaction score
That's quite a project there, nice to see it turned out so well. Was it difficult hunting down all the parts?

I put together a vintage stereo system a few years ago and it took a year and a half of watching Craigslist like a hawk every single day to get what I wanted. Rewarding in the end but it took a stupid amount of work and patience :)

fleahead

Reaction score
I love it, 2000%. That is so vintage vibey my neck hairs rose up. Gorgeous.

endial

Reaction score
One can easily gauge the enthusiasm and excitement by the amount of pics you attach to your posts, Pier. :wave:

I LOVE what you've done. Brilliant!

Enjoy.

Axis39

Reaction score
Kinda jealous... Gotta admit,

I want a staple pickup LP so bad, I can taste it.

Christosterone

Premium Member
Reaction score
@PierM , the word “hero” gets thrown around a lot...

You, sir, are an American Hero!

That guitar is beyond sick...love it even more now

-Chris

Juan Wayne

Reaction score
I would do unspeakable things for a guitar like that one. Hell, I hope you did them yourself.