I bought a new looper today

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I think I have this one lined out....my buddy wants one of these for his band......he has a 2 button without the beat sensor.....I am probably gonna trade him at some point.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I've got a JamMan Stereo as well and use the hell out of it.

If you both are going to work with loopers, you may want to consider this.

Image result for jamman express

You can connect multiples of them together and they sync when creating loops.

They run about $100.

As a side note.
Just so you don't get a bad taste in you mouth with Ditto
I have the Ditto Trio+ Band Creator/Looper and it is fabulous.
It works as advertised.
No weird beat changes . . .

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score
That’s one of the ones that I have, and it works great.

One of the tricks with loopers is where you put it in your signal chain. I always make sure it’s after my OD pedals, but before any kind of phaser or echo.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto

"Click".
I just turned it off.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto
Return the Ditto

"Click".
I just turned it off.
And get???

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
And get???
Turn to YouTube. Check them out. Call Sweeteater and tell them specifically how you use it and what you are looking for. You can use a credit card and return it if it’s not what you want. Those guys are pretty knowledgeable over there. Ask for Brent....that’s who I use.

I am far from an expert in PA gear. When I bought my stuff, I asked a TON of questions to Brent and he was a tremendous help.

Narrow it down with YouTube, call Sweetwater, and try another. Just make sure you read the manual and you are utilizing it the best you can.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Played round with this one some more last night....as long as i keep it in practice mode I like it just fine...... like i posted earlier, my buddy has the same one without the beat sensor....we may trade.

rxbandit

Reaction score
Played round with this one some more last night....as long as i keep it in practice mode I like it just fine...... like i posted earlier, my buddy has the same one without the beat sensor....we may trade.
Soooooo... user error?

:D

Just glad you got it working for ya man!

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
And get???
I'm going to recommend the BOSS RC-3 for a couple of reason ( not knowing all the features that other unis have )

3 hours of recording time with 99 slots for tracks . the BOSS library on line for backing tracks . the ability to load different rhythm / drum tracks . if you get the dual foot switch attachment , you can have three different switches to do a variety of things . and I use mine almost any time I practice . I'm constantly switching tracks in and out from the computer __ and I haven't experienced any " glitches " yet . very reliable

two things that I will mention . many of these units are available at the used stores , and not because they're not good pedals . too many people don't understand that it takes the right timing to record . that's not the pedal's fault . and relying on auto correct timing is a BAD thing

also . if you're going to use it live . ( I made this mistake ) . when practicing , practice all the parts that you want to loop , equally .

the first time I used it live , I had laid down a rhythm . then bass line . chords . and I had everything set to do the main fills and everything . I spent most of my time with the last part + my vocals . got to the open mic __ and I couldn't remember what the main rhythm was exactly :eek2:

I had to put on headphones and play it through a couple of times to remember the other three parts . what a dumbass :laugh2:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I'm going to recommend the BOSS RC-3 for a couple of reason ( not knowing all the features that other unis have )

3 hours of recording time with 99 slots for tracks . the BOSS library on line for backing tracks . the ability to load different rhythm / drum tracks . if you get the dual foot switch attachment , you can have three different switches to do a variety of things . and I use mine almost any time I practice . I'm constantly switching tracks in and out from the computer __ and I haven't experienced any " glitches " yet . very reliable

two things that I will mention . many of these units are available at the used stores , and not because they're not good pedals . too many people don't understand that it takes the right timing to record . that's not the pedal's fault . and relying on auto correct timing is a BAD thing

also . if you're going to use it live . ( I made this mistake ) . when practicing , practice all the parts that you want to loop , equally .

the first time I used it live , I had laid down a rhythm . then bass line . chords . and I had everything set to do the main fills and everything . I spent most of my time with the last part + my vocals . got to the open mic __ and I couldn't remember what the main rhythm was exactly :eek2:

I had to put on headphones and play it through a couple of times to remember the other three parts . what a dumbass :laugh2:
I don't do any pre recorded loops....and really only used the single button for ONE song during my gigs. The 2 button and the ease of over dubs has me thinking of several other songs I could use it on. ON OCCASION depending on the crowd I will lay down a bluegrass track and pick a lead over it.... I have done DUELING BANJOS by playing the guitar part looped with proper time for the banjo part. Then fill in the banjo part. Only done this at home but is actually pretty cool.

rxbandit

Reaction score
As usual.....but in my defense who would think that with NO drum beat it would change tempo on its own?
Because it has a mic built-in that is always listening for a beat/rhythm to go off of (if you're in that mode). You turned off that mode and it worked perfectly for your needs :thumb:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Because it has a mic built-in that is always listening for a beat/rhythm to go off of (if you're in that mode). You turned off that mode and it worked perfectly for your needs :thumb:
Should just have an on off switch for the mics....rather than tap 2x and hold until the light flashes blah blah.....but once it is in that mode it stays even if you turn the power off.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I don't do any pre recorded loops....and really only used the single button for ONE song during my gigs. The 2 button and the ease of over dubs has me thinking of several other songs I could use it on. ON OCCASION depending on the crowd I will lay down a bluegrass track and pick a lead over it.... I have done DUELING BANJOS by playing the guitar part looped with proper time for the banjo part. Then fill in the banjo part. Only done this at home but is actually pretty cool.
Another good looper song is American Woman.

The riff that plays in the first four bars, just repeats itself. For the entire song.

mdubya

Reaction score
Best thing about a looper: it is more reliable than any band mate, ever.
:dude:

I had a Digitech and it was great. I had a few dozen prerecorded loops. I lived in fear of creating well synched new loops.

That Boss RC-1 is a bargain and Boss reliability is tough to beat.

The looper in my AX8 has made me a better player. It doesn't save loops, so I must create a new loop each time I turn the unit on/off. This forced me to improve my technique and timing. I am now perfectly comfortable creating loops from scratch every time I play.

Watch Mike Lemmo on Norm's Guitar of the Day. His loops are inspirational.
:bowdown

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Best thing about a looper: it is more reliable than any band mate, ever.
:dude:

I had a Digitech and it was great. I had a few dozen prerecorded loops. I lived in fear of creating well synched new loops.

That Boss RC-1 is a bargain and Boss reliability is tough to beat.

The looper in my AX8 has made me a better player. It doesn't save loops, so I must create a new loop each time I turn the unit on/off. This forced me to improve my technique and timing. I am now perfectly comfortable creating loops from scratch every time I play.

Watch Mike Lemmo on Norm's Guitar of the Day. His loops are inspirational.
:bowdown
There is a local guy Jeff Madewell.... genius with a looper. Does an acoustic duo and he does voodoo child acoustic and stacks loops. It is pretty damned cool. He uses a boss rc20 xl I think he said.

mdubya

Reaction score
There is a local guy Jeff Madewell.... genius with a looper. Does an acoustic duo and he does voodoo child acoustic and stacks loops. It is pretty damned cool. He uses a boss rc20 xl I think he said.

Heck, yeah!

I am no genius, but can do a half decent one man show (entertain myself, anyway).

Not having to rely on anyone else is not just convenient in this age, it makes good sense as an entertainer, too.