I bought a new looper today

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
And so far I hate it. I have a single button ditto......bought a ditto jam x2. This has a built in beat sensor that picks up the beat and adjusts the loop to match the beat you are playing. In a band situation it might be cool but it SUCKS solo. It just randomly makes tempo changes. I finally figured out how to turn the sensor off and it is ok now but the extra money is definitely not worth it.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ditto hardware its great concept, all of them....but the software is plain horrible, and technical support it’s not existent. I will never get how’s possible people keep buying and using this shit.

These loopers have plenty of glitches, random crap mostly..like little gaps in the sampled loops, boot freeze, volume leaks per cycle, clicks and pops in the waveform.... and many other. Probably the single one it’s the better. X2 and X4, run away.

Plenty of better options.

Neffco

Reaction score
I love my EHX 45000. 4 tracks with independent volume controls, a play and a record button on the foot switch, and a bunch of other user friendly features. It’s not the latest version but I think it’s a better set up. Pretty much an old school 4 track recording machine with a foot switch.
4AED5873-88B5-4AC1-A735-A006F3A3972E.jpeg

rxbandit

Reaction score
I believe it's operator error, it's meant to be used with a drummer or with you tapping a steady beat with your foot next to the built in mic (or you can plug in an external mic). The manual is pretty straightforward

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I love my EHX 45000. 4 tracks with independent volume controls, a play and a record button on the foot switch, and a bunch of other user friendly features. It’s not the latest version but I think it’s a better set up. Pretty much an old school 4 track recording machine with a foot switch. View attachment 387102
The independent volume controls would be a nice feature. :cool2:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I believe it's operator error, it's meant to be used with a drummer or with you tapping a steady beat with your foot next to the built in mic (or you can plug in an external mic). The manual is pretty straightforward
No drummer... just me..... you can stop and stand perfectly still and it will speed up and slow down on its own.... I set it to practice mode and its fine now. I like the 2 buttons but wish it didn't have the beat sense

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
for the same money as that Ditto __ you could get a BOSS RC-3 . functionality is increase with a dual foot switch addonI

haven't found a need to " upgrade " mine yet ( will probably be an EHX , when I want to spend the money )

CRobbins

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a ditto looper, and find it difficult to sync up the end of the loop to when it starts again. It seems like the loop pauses at the end before it starts again, and throws everything out of time. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
I picked up a cheap looper to mess aroun d with, probably a few weeks ago.

Fun bit of kit. Its a cheap digitech jamman. Have guitar in one input.. and drum pedal and bass into the second looper. Really fun. The drum and bass comes out on the bass amp.. the rhythm guitar comes through on the guitar amp.. and then its noodling all over. Has really helped me tighten up my chops again after years of not playing with other musos

rxbandit

Reaction score
No drummer... just me..... you can stop and stand perfectly still and it will speed up and slow down on its own.... I set it to practice mode and its fine now. I like the 2 buttons but wish it didn't have the beat sense
Right, it doesn't detect the tempo of your strumming, it needs a steady consistent beat to go off of. Unless your strumming is simple evenly-timed strums, what you're experiencing is intended. You need to feed it a tempo with your foot tapping for what you're trying to do.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Right, it doesn't detect the tempo of your strumming, it needs a steady consistent beat to go off of. Unless your strumming is simple evenly-timed strums, what you're experiencing is intended. You need to feed it a tempo with your foot tapping for what you're trying to do.
I just turned it off

mdubya

Reaction score
I don't have a Ditto, but syncing loops is an art in itself. It takes some practice.

I love, love, love the looper in my AX8. :love:

parts

Reaction score
I have a Digitech Stereo Jamman..helped me get back into playing after 30+ years away.. Now I use a DAW,,easier and the Jamman will probably be sold..
I don't play out..so DAW is more creative for me..

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Ditto hardware its great concept, all of them....but the software is plain horrible, and technical support it’s not existent. I will never get how’s possible people keep buying and using this shit.

These loopers have plenty of glitches, random crap mostly..like little gaps in the sampled loops, boot freeze, volume leaks per cycle, clicks and pops in the waveform.... and many other. Probably the single one it’s the better. X2 and X4, run away.

Plenty of better options.
Amen.. mine took a dump for the second time and couldn’t reboot the firmware after that.. kinda made me steer clear from TC Electronics from now on.

Last edited:

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Ok guys....any recommendation for a 2 button looper. No gimmicks or extras just a loop and play back button and a stop button.

PierM

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys....any recommendation for a 2 button looper. No gimmicks or extras just a loop and play back button and a stop button.
A great easy looper, but a bit overpriced

EH 720

This one does cost much less and does more (but maybe you don't need all the extra functions/tracks)

BOSS RC-30 (you can just ignore all the rythm/tempo stuff, and just use the looper)

Last edited:

My Les Paul Classifieds