I ask you, guitarplayers from whole over the world...

LPSGME

Reaction score
Get the whatever you like best, new or used, and spare no cost.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
I'll be the only one in this thread who thinks you outta just get a Byrdland. :laugh2:

flameburst

Reaction score
No, I second a Byrdland. Or how about a chambered Les Paul. A stop tail 335 or Epi Sheraton sounds up your straat too!

How about a custom build. Roger Giffin makes some outstanding hybrid electric guitars.

Or maybe a Tele Custom? A PRS McCarty?

iplaytheblues

Reaction score
Maybe kind of an odd suggestion, but maybe you might consider a Warmoth build? You can build darn near whatever you want that way.

Warmoth Custom Guitar Parts - Custom bass and guitar bodies, necks, pickups, pickguards and hardware

They have a lot of body and neck styles to choose from, they will route the bodies with whatever pickup/bridge option you want, they have a wide variety of neck widths and profiles to choose from, and they do nice work. If you don't go nuts with exotic woods and finish options, it can be pretty reasonable to put one together, too.

+1 maybe a lp body and neck with single coil pups

holt1

Reaction score
I think if you got a guitar with P-90's you might dig it. You'll get the single coil sound you like but it will be way bigger than a fender. Then when you roll off the volume for rhythm it will clean right up. I run my amp pretty hot and keep the volume down around 3 for rhythm work and then roll the knob up for leads to wherever I need it. Great rhythm sound for blues like that too. Here's my guitar for life bro.

Good luck!

2009pictures210.jpg

SkyDogJr

Reaction score
The Classic Antique w/ H-100's might be the way to go. It was made in 2007 as part of the guitar of the week program.

I had one, but it wasn't for me. I couldn't get used to the lighter body, but it's a Les Paul and it's got that hotter mini humbucker sound and the P-90ish sound with the Push/Pull pots.

It's a nice playing, nice sounding guitar with a lighter body...and if you have only had copies of Les Pauls, the lighter weight shouldn't be a big deal...I have only had older (mid 70's through the 90's) Les Pauls and just couldn't get used to the weight relieved body...but the guitar is a good one, plays great and you can find them out on the net...since you want something used, that fits your bill too!

Good luck!

kasu

Reaction score
Hi. Greetings from Sweden.
I would like to suggest a Gibson melody maker. Why not a vintage one from the sixties. Fantastic quality at a manageble price. They also came with humbuckers for a period around the 80/90:s. Light weight as well, ugly head stock I guess but it cant all be perfect :eek:)

I have a 1965 MM myself with a bridge positioned singlecoil as the only pickup. Even handles some heavy rock well. I also have a Highway 1 (SSH), a les paul Junior (p90), Epiphone Flying V (Korea), a bunch of Squier 51:s and some more, but I really only play the Melody Maker. Its all I need, simple, light, nice sounding.

Yep.

Best regards
Karl

melodymaker2.jpg

Benjammin

Reaction score
wiring the bridge pickup to one of the tone controls (i have master volume and master tone) on a strat makes the bridge pup alot more usable. If you like strats, except for that one pickups, I would highly recommend it, its easy to try, and to reverse

Benjammin

Reaction score
If you really like your V, change the pups.

+1, I dont like the ceramic pickups myself, but the guitars are very nice. A V with some good PAF style pickups would be an improvement too i think

edit- i saw you dont like the V shape anyways, nevermind

paulatics

Reaction score
clapton strat maybe, the 0-25 db mid boost on the second tone nob and tbx control on the first nob give you fender to gibson type tones. clapton started with gibson and moved to fender and he had it moded to be able to capture some of the gibson midrange tone missing on a standard fender. i have a 06 blackie and i love it. also i put some seymour duncan cool rails in the neck and mid and a jb junior on a 01 standard with rosewood neck that also sound fantastic.

Highnumbers

Reaction score
A es-335 or es-339 would be great, but if i were you i would buy a rickenbacker 330.

As a guy who owns plenty of both, I would actually vote the other way for the ES-335

Rics are great, but mostly have ONE sound (and they are expensive).

ES-335's are like the "swiss army knife" of guitars. They will pretty much do anything, and do it well. Even if it's a stretch financially, it's well worth it.

Latest Threads