I am thinking of buying an THR-10II Yamaha Amp, I already have mesa mark 5 25

R994

Reaction score
Please let me know what you think. I am want to buy a yamaha cause its great for play back and portabilty. SO LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound is amazing at low volumes when i dont think its distubing anyone, very tight sound. Mesa when ever i change guitar i feel i have to change all my settings over and over again espically when i switch from a strat to a les paul. I am tweeking more than i am practicing.

I feel yamaha will be great for playing back tracks aswell. What you guys think should i get it.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Lotsa love for the Spark. I think if I was going this route, that might be my first choice....and I'm a huge Yamaha fan.

Pop1655

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was the primo piece in its day. It does a lot of things well. You can also run headphone out into powered studio monitors and get all the sound you want when needed. They're a cool piece.

Today, I think I'd look around before pulling the trigger. To me a lot of this stuff keeps getting better and better. I'd check out the competition pretty hard before deciding, just to be sure.

Knoby

Reaction score
Do it. I also use it to record direct to PC. As an interface

R994

Reaction score
Do it. I also use it to record direct to PC. As an interface
How do you find it. I just feel the design is so friendly to put anywhere, and it does a lot of cool things

cybermgk

Singin' the body lectric
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mesa when ever i change guitar i feel i have to change all my settings over and over again espically when i switch from a strat to a les paul. I am tweeking more than i am practicing.
Any good modeller, just to be clear, will need adjustment for different guitars on the same amp model. After all, they are modelling the amp. If said amp needs adjustment for different guitars, said amp model does as well.

NOW, what most modellers allow, that alleviates that, is the ability to have different presets, using the same amp model, set up for different guitars.

My main rig is an Axe FX III Mk2 into a Matrix GT1000fx power amp into Xitone FRFR 2x12 (or Studio Monitors). About as versatile a rig as you can get, great for low volume, AND loud. I still have a small practice unit like the Yamaha. In my case it's a Spark (or a Blackstar Silverline modelling combo for at a friends or open mic, when they happen again around here, that is easy to tote.)

The small little practice modellers have a great place for me, when I don't want to go down to the Basement Studio and fire the Axe up. I can keep it in the Living room, and use and not bother anyone else.

Only used the THR 10 I in a few stores. Fine choice. Just expect having to set up some presets for your different guitars, initially. Then just switch between them as needed.

R994

Reaction score
Thanks for
Any good modeller, just to be clear, will need adjustment for different guitars on the same amp model. After all, they are modelling the amp. If said amp needs adjustment for different guitars, said amp model does as well.

NOW, what most modellers allow, that alleviates that, is the ability to have different presets, using the same amp model, set up for different guitars.

My main rig is an Axe FX III Mk2 into a Matrix GT1000fx power amp into Xitone FRFR 2x12 (or Studio Monitors). About as versatile a rig as you can get, great for low volume, AND loud. I still have a small practice unit like the Yamaha. In my case it's a Spark (or a Blackstar Silverline modelling combo for at a friends or open mic, when they happen again around here, that is easy to tote.)

The small little practice modellers have a great place for me, when I don't want to go down to the Basement Studio and fire the Axe up. I can keep it in the Living room, and use and not bother anyone else.

Only used the THR 10 I in a few stores. Fine choice. Just expect having to set up some presets for your different guitars, initially. Then just switch between them as needed.
Thanks for the advice

Knoby

Reaction score
How do you find it. I just feel the design is so friendly to put anywhere, and it does a lot of cool things
The only thing it is missing if a foot switch, otherwise it does everything I need.

Latest Threads