I almost feel bad for liking it this much...

Phylodog

Reaction score
So I picked this Studio model up in a trade for an American Strat I had $675 in. I wasn't excited about getting a Studio but I figured that as far as Studio's go it was a pretty nice looking one. It was structurally sound with no major finish issues but the electronics were junk. My Faded has Faber hardware and I really like it so I pulled everything off of it but the tuners. Once everything I'd ordered came in I set out to "rebuild" it with all new wiring and pots from StewMac and a set of new take-off Burstbucker Pros I picked up off CL cheap. When I'd finished I was blown away with how well it plays and the resonance it had. This is the lightest LP I've held and I have a bad shoulder so maybe that's a contributing factor but I swear it feels, plays and sounds better than my other two, more expensive models though the 05 Standard isn't far behind. I do almost all of my playing sitting down so I don't know.

Today I installed Faber tuners on it and, maybe it's my imagination but I swear it sounds more resonant now than it did with the old tuners. Is that possible? I was already reaching for this guy 9/10 times I play, at this point I'm considering selling off my Trad Pro V and searching for more lightweight models.

Jim H

Reaction score
You definitely shouldn't feel bad, it's a really sweet looking guitar. I'm finding the same thing, and I sold my standards in favor of a special and possibly a tribute. Not the flagship models, but they seem to "fit" me better. I'm discovering that I like the way binding looks, but not the way it feels. Ya gotta play the guitar you like, not the guitar you think you should like.

JHMvP

Reaction score
VERY beautiful guitar, especially at such a bargain price.

Nice picture as well, btw.

Gridlock

Reaction score
Studios are good guitars, I’ve owned a Faded Walnut and a Sunburst and liked them both. That’s got to be the nicest looking Studio that I’ve ever seen.

Congratulations!

Last edited:

MSB

Reaction score
it'd look 100x better w/o the braces on the headstock

Latest Threads