VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This takes the cake.

Thundermtn

Reaction score
I've been to that shop. They're friendly enough but they count on world wide clients showing up for ski season that wipe their @$$ with hundred dollar bills. They'll probably sell it, regardless of how much shine has been slapped on.

judson

Reaction score
Listed:3 months ago
Views:1154
Watchers:49
Offers:1

hmmm...so what could be wrong with it ???????? :hmm:

i dont get why people let their stuff sit online For Sale for 3 months, 6 months or a year.....its not rocket science!!! nobody is gonna pay that price ....maybe he wants to ride inflation and it will sell in 2035....:rofl:

questionman

Reaction score
" In the right hands, these guitars can inspire magic unlike standard factory specs. Sometimes, you need something different that's customized just right."

Yeah I call bs on that statement. I LOVE me a guitar thats not factory. Most of mine aren't. That's because they were within reason and made sense. This is like a Tele mod thrown onto a LP and called the holy grail. Hard no on that price

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
“… if you've ever tried a vintage, broken-in Bigsby, you know the sweet subtlety and feel.”

I was OK with the ad until I got to that part.
Um … what???

I love a Bigsby.
I own several of them.

I must confess, I have no idea what’s different about one when it’s broken in.

Needs new bushings and a spring?

judson

Reaction score
I would convert this back to a stop bar if it were in my hands.
yes that would give ti a better chance of selling and someone might prefer humbucks and gold is popular on Norlins of that era even if not original...then knock it down to $3800

it would sell maybe at that price point.....

didnt want to be too harsh but when something sits for that long with over 1000 people looking with only 1 offer....you would think they would do something to move it...

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This takes the cake.

uhhhhhhhh

Leee

Extremism in defense of Liberty is no vice
Reaction score
… world wide clients showing up for ski season that wipe their @$$ with hundred dollar bills.
Yes, I think you nailed the fundamentals of operating a store with a small local population but a higher turnover of big spenders.

Impulse buys, these folks have the cash to throw down on something they like when they stumble across it.

They don’t have time to go shopping. When something cool falls in their lap, it’s simply a “yes or no” decision for them.

" In the right hands, these guitars can inspire magic unlike standard factory specs. Sometimes, you need something different that's customized just right."
Hands-down, that is an ego call.

Are you man enough?
Can you handle this?
Are you a “sophisticated” buyer?

Do you want a guitar no one else has?

I know people who would buy such a guitar, and pay that price because it “proves” that it’s worth something.

And what would they say to everyone they show the guitar to?
Exactly what is in that ad.
Strutting around like a peacock, bragging about the badass, unique and rare guitar they acquired while vacationing in Telluride.

Jeremiah

The Worst
Reaction score
That isn't as bad as what they did to my '81 goldtop. It had a Kahler trem when I got it.

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has lost all value as an early Deluxe,.... except for the large humbucker route and tuners the rest of the mods are not exactly sought after generally.... the bridge is a total miss, and the bigsby could have been installed less evasively and of course it was refinished (who knows what that is hiding)...a 1500 dollar guitar at best.

TheX

Better a boomer than a Karen.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '73 is missing all of its original hardware, has a headstock repair and the overlay was replaced. It's still more original than this thing.

judson

Reaction score
i would pay $1800 for the husk alone....since it has been routed as i already have early 70's LPs with mini hums ...is there a make offer button?

lets organized a "make offer" blizzard ...im gonna offer $1500..

no wait..then the guy will have 50 offers making it look more attractive,...btw why am i here, i have to cover my guitar hunting ground this morning.... :run:

Latest Threads