I’ve had it, I am officially deactivating my account…

fry

Reaction score
My craigslist account, that is. In fact, I already did it. It’s been talked about around here over the years, peoples’ different experiences with their local craigslist. My local craigslist has always been a complete shit show. Mostly junk, overpriced, and people wanting to trade. You rarely list something and just get somebody that wants to buy it for cash. My experience has been mostly negative over the years. We have a guy around here a few months ago that listed a bunch of overpriced junk multiple times each, then continue to renew the listings to the point that he was the only one that had any ads displayed. He completely took up the whole thing with his crap. If you listed something, within an hour he would renew all his, and your listing would literally disappear so far down the page that it was basically like it was never there. Somebody finally did something about it, one day all his stuff was just finally gone, and it was like the angels singing, the nightmare was over. Well, I saw him start in again a few weeks ago, and he’s almost back to where he was. Currently, about 75% of the ads are his, and he’s going for 100%. He has rendered the page useless for anybody but himself. People have taken out ads speaking out against him, and those ads get pulled immediately, of course. I did it myself a couple days ago, and now they are blocking me when I legitimately try to list some thing. I decided to walk away, wasn’t really a fan anyway. I will check back in once in a while to see if somebody finally got rid of this asshole, though.

Olds442

Reaction score
the fact that this asshat is listing everything so high should make it easier for you to sell something. i never worry about the other ads.

just list your stuff and if it sells, great. if not on clist, it will sell somewhere. try nextdoor if you aren't on fb. i see decent ads there too.

fry

Reaction score
I still use CL, but FB Marketplace is better right now.
I hear that a lot. I have told myself many times that I need to get on Facebook just so I can use the marketplace, but I never seem to get around to it.

mdubya

Reaction score
I hear that a lot. I have told myself many times that I need to get on Facebook just so I can use the marketplace, but I never seem to get around to it.
Don't do it.

One less thing to regret. ;)

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends really, Things sell better on FB. It's a tool, nothing more.
….and you at least get a clue who you’re dealing with. I’ve had much better success with it than CL.

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Higher dollar items for me sell better on CL but Facebook works good for most things. Communication much simpler

Seven

Reaction score
I've unloaded a ton of gear on my local cl over the last several months. It's all I use anymore.

cybermgk

“Happiness is the most insidious prison of all"
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

Latest Threads