I’m going to gig my Braz R9

Wiking

Reaction score
How many times has your guitar being really damaged at a gig? Dont worry, and youll be fine. If you act all protective and shit, something stupid will happen. Anyways, have fun gigging. Thats what its all about.

BigJim

Reaction score
I have played TONS of biker bars, biker clubs, biker outings and biker weddings.

They won't clap
They won't dance
You might get a quiet word of praise and appreciation when nobody is looking

They will respect your personal gear, they will help load/unload, they will tell other biker clubs that you were good and should be booked.

Side Burns

#==€@)
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get some strap locks on that puppy. I heard tell that some poor soul took his R9 out to a gig and a flying beer bottle hit the guitar right on the neck strap button. The Grolsch washer and strap popped off and the guitar headstock broke when it hit the stage floor.

I just made that up but, it COULD happen.
The story goes that it was a straplock that failed and the nut backed off.

They the used the washer from the thrown bottle to fix it.

;)

Haprom

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the same exact situation last year, and wasn’t sure if I should bring my 2018 Brazilian R9 to my new band’s first gig. Granted, it was at a Mexican restaurant and not a biker bar, but I brought it, and have played a couple other shows with it too. As expensive as it was, I really believe great guitars were meant to be played. I’m not a collector, just an enthusiast, and this guitar is probably my best. It’s vying for #1 status and something really crazy would need to happen in order for me to ever sell it. It just depends on what you want: you want a pristine wallflower, or do you want a badass guitar that slays and had authentic playwear. Collectible or not, I’d always choose the latter. Granted I am super careful with it, I try to make sure my belt buckle doesn’t touch it, and I keep a close eye on it and don’t leave it unattended out of its case.

Mark_the_Knife

Reaction score
Tom Wittrock used to gig his expensive guitars. He was wise to insure them through a strong agent. Just be sure to take pictures of the headstock and body before the big engagement.

the_lawyer

Reaction score
I always dislked the mixed feelings of bringing an expensive axe to a gig. I learned to concentrate on the music and the audience rather than on the integrity of the instrument.
And nobody will give you a compliment about your CS guitar, because nobody cares. If you want to impress the guitar crowd get a Squier Hello Kitty strat and shred the hell out of it!

Alansd

Reaction score
might not be the best gig to show it out, watch out for flying bottles,
i played a texas tour with chicken wire across the stagefront.We needed it,:mad:

dawgfanjeff

Reaction score
Add a rider to you homeowners insurance, and gig that sucker. Agree that a drunken jackass (including me!) might knock it over or steal it are legit concerns, but mitigatable. Just make sure you have the serial #, pictures, and receipt for the police report :)

timberterra

Reaction score
I’m a lefty too but I have some paranoia of having one of my hard to find lefties to get stolen or damaged so I usually take out ones that are replaceable.

QUOTE="LeftyF2003, post: 9868381, member: 24510"]
When I take my Les Paul out I make sure that I move the stand behind the amp and away from anything the sound guys might be messing with. My biggest fear with gigging that guitar is someone knocking it off the stand, which would likely result in a broken headstock. For me theft is not as much a worry as left handed guitars are hard to sell / pawn, as the market is small and lefties tend to hang around for ages before they sell.

But all that said, take out the guitar that fits the music you're playing, and sits well in the mix. If that's the Les Paul, then so be it :cool:
[/QUOTE]

cowboy bebop

Reaction score
I think my best sounding guitar is my 2018 R9 with a braz board. Before the shutdown, I was reluctant to gig with it because it is really expensive and I was a little afraid to take it out. But it is a joy to play, especially loud when the guitar really opens up.

I have a new band and we have our first show on April 24th at a biker bar. It might get wild, as this is a grand reopening. For this show, I’ve decided Im going to gig the braz.

I know something bad could happen. But you know what, I haven’t gigged with a full band in more than a year and who knows when I’ll have another show. It’s time to let this guitar rip.

I’ve attached some pics that aren’t great, but the idea conveys
Don't gig with a guitar you are going to be thinking about how expensive if is. PS When the volume is cranked you're hearing the body wood not the fretboard wood. Try an 07 with real honduran to me those sound more like the real thing at volume.

bentfinger

Reaction score
Man I couldn't agree with you more. Many people have had changes throughout this pandemic and for me it has meant take any opportunity that presents itself.
As long as it harms no one, just live life to the fullest you can.= and in this case play the beast .!!!

Cory

Reaction score
I don’t know man, doesn’t seem worth it to me - it’s a bar - drunk people are there - anything can happen - you’re willing to risk a $10k guitar for some drunk a-holes? I think you’ll regret it if something happens to it - I know I should just say “yeah, rock on dude!” to be cool, but my anxiety is up from reading this thread and it’s not even my guitar

CoolRene

Reaction score
A Braz in a bikers' bar ??? You're gonna get it relic'ed in no time...:facepalm:
Good luck !

jaycoyoyo

I would rather be playing guitar.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it excites and inspires you to play then play it at the gig. If you have a sense of worry, then it might hinder your playing. Unfortunately I fall into the latter category with my 335.

2Muchgear

Reaction score
I’m sorry, but if you’re a player and are saving a special one, you might be a Brazilian sniffer!

Latest Threads