I’m going to gig my Braz R9

modavis99

Reaction score
I think my best sounding guitar is my 2018 R9 with a braz board. Before the shutdown, I was reluctant to gig with it because it is really expensive and I was a little afraid to take it out. But it is a joy to play, especially loud when the guitar really opens up.

I have a new band and we have our first show on April 24th at a biker bar. It might get wild, as this is a grand reopening. For this show, I’ve decided Im going to gig the braz.

I know something bad could happen. But you know what, I haven’t gigged with a full band in more than a year and who knows when I’ll have another show. It’s time to let this guitar rip.

I’ve attached some pics that aren’t great, but the idea conveys

Attachments

HIDDEN

Reaction score
Well what’s the worst that can happen? I’ll start the list:
1. Someone flinging a beer bottle in their drunken excitement
2. Loose half the value for aging it without the consent of Mr Murphy

DanD

Reaction score
I ride and won't bring any Gibson to a biker bar.

I reserve the Classic Vibe Tele for the dives...

Nothing to worry about here!

THDNUT

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get some strap locks on that puppy. I heard tell that some poor soul took his R9 out to a gig and a flying beer bottle hit the guitar right on the neck strap button. The Grolsch washer and strap popped off and the guitar headstock broke when it hit the stage floor.

I just made that up but, it COULD happen.

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
When I take my Les Paul out I make sure that I move the stand behind the amp and away from anything the sound guys might be messing with. My biggest fear with gigging that guitar is someone knocking it off the stand, which would likely result in a broken headstock. For me theft is not as much a worry as left handed guitars are hard to sell / pawn, as the market is small and lefties tend to hang around for ages before they sell.

But all that said, take out the guitar that fits the music you're playing, and sits well in the mix. If that's the Les Paul, then so be it :cool:

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
I think my best sounding guitar is my 2018 R9 with a braz board. Before the shutdown, I was reluctant to gig with it because it is really expensive and I was a little afraid to take it out. But it is a joy to play, especially loud when the guitar really opens up.

I have a new band and we have our first show on April 24th at a biker bar. It might get wild, as this is a grand reopening. For this show, I’ve decided Im going to gig the braz.

I know something bad could happen. But you know what, I haven’t gigged with a full band in more than a year and who knows when I’ll have another show. It’s time to let this guitar rip.

I’ve attached some pics that aren’t great, but the idea conveys
I was in the same exact situation last year, and wasn’t sure if I should bring my 2018 Brazilian R9 to my new band’s first gig. Granted, it was at a Mexican restaurant and not a biker bar, but I brought it, and have played a couple other shows with it too. As expensive as it was, I really believe great guitars were meant to be played. I’m not a collector, just an enthusiast, and this guitar is probably my best. It’s vying for #1 status and something really crazy would need to happen in order for me to ever sell it. It just depends on what you want: you want a pristine wallflower, or do you want a badass guitar that slays and had authentic playwear. Collectible or not, I’d always choose the latter. Granted I am super careful with it, I try to make sure my belt buckle doesn’t touch it, and I keep a close eye on it and don’t leave it unattended out of its case.

Latest Threads