Humidity?

Blackegg

Reaction score
humidity2.jpg

Those of you that keep your guitars mostly out of their cases...do you keep your guitar room humidity up or temp controlled?
Where I live it's a struggle to keep it up... my last humidifier couldn't keep it above 40% I just got a bigger one and 50% is no problem now.
I keep little humidity buggers in my acoustic cases, but all of my guitars generally stay out in the room, on stands or hanging.

Blackegg

Reaction score
I've kept the humidity at around 45 to 50% in the guitar area for quite a while.
The last Martin I bought, the store owner was very concerned that the guitar was kept at the right level.....He even gave me a little clay filled plastic container that can be soaked in water for the case.

sonar1

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I lived where it snowed in Winter I used a case humidifier thingie to keep my acoustic from getting dry and having problems like fret sprout, etc.

But now I live where the ambient humidity is ideal for guitars most of the time. The house cost $30K in 1974, which is expensive as humidifiers go, but I didn't have much to move at least back then.

Switching Coasts is not for everyone, but for the sake of my two acoustic guitars at the time it was ultimately worth it I believe.

I just don' worry too much about my Telecaster.

Latest Threads