Humidity...or lack thereof...

LenPaul

Reaction score
Freddy, that may have been the case in your case's case, however not all cases will be the same case.

Guitar cases as a rule are awful vapor barriers. No I did not verify this but was told this by an expert in the field.

I'm gonna stick with the toilet paper,, least I know it works.:laugh2:

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with the toilet paper,, least I know it works.:laugh2:

unless of course you over humidify (which cant happen with the humidipak, it'll actually remove moisture if levels are too high).

Here is a good education for the forum from the guy who knows everything there is to know about this subject.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS6GqjP-zMY[/ame]

I think Bob Taylor knows what hes talking about

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9bCS3xzDsI[/ame]

Nick-O

Reaction score
Regarding those living in AZ and the high desert dry areas, I think it is more about the extremes. I live in a very humid part of the SC, so when it goes from 70% to 30% or lower, there are changes in the guitar.
I have had frets spout on a partscaster fender neck last year and decided to run the humidifier this year more regularly. I didn't care for that little episode.
I think if you are somewhere pretty consistent, it is not as much a factor perhaps.

Joeydego

your mom is a nice lady
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Regarding those living in AZ and the high desert dry areas, I think it is more about the extremes. I live in a very humid part of the SC, so when it goes from 70% to 30% or lower, there are changes in the guitar.
I have had frets spout on a partscaster fender neck last year and decided to run the humidifier this year more regularly. I didn't care for that little episode.
I think if you are somewhere pretty consistent, it is not as much a factor perhaps.

Taylors new input jack will bluetooth sync to your phone and via an app you'll be able to monitor and record temp and humidity levels. If thats not bad ass, I dont know what is. Itll have a 4 track recorder too.

Gary

Reaction score
Here in the Mojave Desert, we're lucky if humidity is over 10%. I have humidifiers in my guitar cases and one in my music room. I still battle fret sprout on a couple of guitars.

Meatwad

Reaction score
I put my guitar in a large lawn/leaf bag, and throw in a couple apple slices. Then put it in the case and fill the leftover space with kitty litter.

So far so good.
Is the kitty litter used?

Recycling is cool. The granola girls dig it.:thumb:

kevinpaul

Reaction score
Let it be! They were trees. It's all good dude. Like me new top a friend from Russia sent it on to me just in time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 19

Latest Threads