Huge blow for farmers in bull semen explosion

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
:eek2: :shock::facepalm:

METRO GRAB - taken from the Twitter of BonnieBarkmeyer / WINNews_Gip without permission https://twitter.com/BonnieBarkmeyer/status/1173752736900272133 Bull semen explosion Picture: BonnieBarkmeyer / WINNews_Gip

A huge load of bull semen was spaffed up the walls of the facility in a series of explosions (Picture: Bonnie Barkmeyer)
Farmers in Australia are having a hard time of it after vats of bull semen were destroyed in a fire.

Around 100 cryogenic cylinders exploded, splattering their contents throughout the building in Gippsland, Victoria.

Each cylinder at Yarram Herd Services was worth between $500 (£275) and $1,000 (£550). They contained shots of semen worth between $5 (£2.76) and $95 (£52).

Fire commander Chris Loeschenkohl described the fire as a unique challenge.

He said: ‘The liquid inside the cylinders was rapidly expanding and essentially the lids of the cryogenic cylinders were just popping off the top and projectiles were being thrown from the building.’

That led firefighters to go into defensive mode, beating off any substances heading their way or towards neighbouring buildings.

Chirs added that he has ‘never had anything to do with the artificial insemination side of things before’.

Firefighters moistened the flames for more than two hours before they got a grip of the situation and brought the fire under control.

Vice chairman Aaron Thomas told ABC he didn’t see it coming adding that a lot of farmers who had semen in the building and it would be a ‘huge blow’ for them.

He told local news sources: We’re coming into the artificial insemination (AI) season so there would have been substantial amounts of semen inside the tanks that we’ve lost which was owned by our local farmers, and it can range in value from $5 per straw to $95 per straw.

‘A lot of farmers would have semen stock in the building, in those tanks, preparing for AI, so we’ve got that plus all of our herd testing equipment that was in there as well.

‘So this is significant damage and it is going to have a flow-on effect on Yarram, especially after the drought that Yarram district has experienced over the last 12 months, it’s going to be a real blow for sure.’

Nothing could be saved from the wreckage of the fire.

Editor’s note: Summa cum laude to the firefighters.

jb_abides

Reaction score
"This can cause quite an explosion...in the cow population!" -- Lab Technician to Tubbs

"What are we supposed to do, question happy cows with that... sexual afterglow?"

"For your information, most cows don't enjoy it. That's why they have such sad eyes."

NRBQ

Reaction score
Reports indicate most ran for their lives while a few ran to volunteer.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I used to be a ranch hand on a black angus ranch. Quality semen from quality bulls was in somewhat high demand, even back then. The reason was that if a rancher wanted to breed his cows to a high quality bull for high quality calves, it was less expensive for him to buy bull semen from a high quality bull, than to buy such a bull.

We had some very high quality black angus cattle on our ranch. Once we had this great bull calve, but he turned out to be gay (Lt. Dave, you'll like this one). He only wanted to "be with" other bulls. Well, (unfortunately for him and us) he had to become a steer, and probably was part of a steak or hamburger you once ate.

Now, this is not an anti-gay post. But the only purpose of a bull on a ranch is to breed calves. This guy couldn't (or wouldn't) do it. So this post is about cattle, not people.

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used to be a ranch hand on a black angus ranch. Quality semen from quality bulls was in somewhat high demand, even back then. The reason was that if a rancher wanted to breed his cows to a high quality bull for high quality calves, it was less expensive for him to buy bull semen from a high quality bull, than to buy such a bull.

We had some very high quality black angus cattle on our ranch. Once we had this great bull calve, but he turned out to be gay (Lt. Dave, you'll like this one). He only wanted to "be with" other bulls. Well, (unfortunately for him and us) he had to become a steer, and probably was part of a steak or hamburger you once ate.

Now, this is not an anti-gay post. But the only purpose of a bull on a ranch is to breed calves. This guy couldn't (or wouldn't) do it. So this post is about cattle, not people.
Dole, I think you misunderstand me a bit.

I don't think about the gay or "alphabet" community one way or another. Not my world.

What I do care about is the MLP Backstage becoming the action center for all outrageous news of that community.

For a while there, it was multiple threads almost daily .

Posters can post whatever they wish, as long as It's within posting rules, which include against ridiculous and inane threads and excessive redundancy. Those threads are within the rules, but it was getting ridiculous and redundant. So I spoke up about it. Not to punish or come down heavy on people, but rather hoping that they would see what they were turning the MLP Backstage into.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Lt Dave,

I was just joking with you, concerning all of your correct responses to all the "tranny" threads.

But honestly, we did have a registered black angus ranch, on which there was a bull calf born who actually turned out to be gay! As you may know, the only function of a bull on a ranch is to impregnate the cows, which this bull had no interest in doing. And it was a shame, as this bull was a perfectly configured black angus. He would have been worth a lot of money to us, had he been able to fulfill his function, which he was not. So he was short lived -- not because we disliked gay animals or people, but only because there was nothing else to do with him, from the economic situation of ranchers.

Back then, the collection of bull semen was not at the state of the art it is now. Had it been, that bull would have been a good candidate. He had a great pedigree and great configuration.

AwfulQuiet

Reaction score

Are you trying to imply that eating a burger will steer us towards being gay ?

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Of course, I am not saying that eating a burger from a bovine that is gay will make you gay. That is just not true. All I am saying is that we had a bull on the ranch that was gay. There have been other animals that have been found to have a gay population. Our bull was born that way, and that all there is.