HSS routing template/dimensions (CNC, G code)

cmjohnson

Reaction score
Does anyone have the data (even better, the G code) for CNC routing an HSS pickup set into a body?

This would be for a back routed guitar with no pickguard. As per this:

I'm going to sub out the routing on this guitar if I can get accurate code to hand to the CNC programmer.

the great waldo

Reaction score
Hi
You are going to be more specific with your request. It's like asking someone for a tin of blue paint !!! See what you get !

Cheers
Andrew

pshupe

Reaction score
Toolpaths or Gcode are usually specific to the CNC machine that will be used. If they use the same CAM software then they can just export the toolpaths using the correct post-processor and that would be the best way. If they are not using the same CAM software a 3d model would be the best way to transer information. That would require the company to create their own toolpaths using their own tools and speeds and feeds.

I've got a slab strat HSS model done in Fusion 360.
Capture.JPG

Regards Peter.

cmjohnson

Reaction score
I'm about 99.9999 percent sure that the shop I'm going to deal with uses Mastercam.

This will be to replicate the Hamer Steve Stevens model shown in the first pic.

What I need is enough dimensional data to be able to give to the programmer so that when it's done I've got the right size and shape cavities in the right locations. Something to start from.

Yeah, I could just start measuring and figuring it all out myself but I figure someone has to already have it written out and save me the trouble.

Last edited:

Latest Threads