Howdy!

Noam Bukowski

Reaction score
New-ish to the Gibson Les Paul. I just passed 40, been playing for over 2 decades, but aside from a couple attempts to bond with Gibson srtyle guitars, I've been a Fender guy pretty much exclusively.

I guess it just took "the right" Gibson.

Just scored a '16 Les Paul Special Plus. I wanted the double cut model, with P90's. But I looked around for ages, and nothing popped up on my local-ish used market. So I ended up with this single cut beauty, which was fitted a pair of bareknuckle humbuckers instead of the stock ones.
Neck binding, which i adore, and most of all: dreamy setup, plays like butter with no buzz, and still plenty of grit and personality.

Never been a huge fan of Standard Les Pauls, and carved tops altogether. The sharp edged bulky heavey bodies,...never really matched with my own short small frame :)

So yeah, this Special Plus kinda ticks all the right boxes, but leaves out some of the bling aethetics and the uncomfy features of a "real" Les Paul.

It's down the rabbithole from here though. I convinced myself I wasn't able to really love a Gibson guitar, that the fretboard radius and shorter scale length ruined it for me. Now that I know I was wrong....the future brings a lot of bad things to my bank balance :)

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howdy! Great choice! I've had several most would classify as being further up the LP food chain, but this is the one that stayed.
special pro 2.JPG

Noam Bukowski

Reaction score
Howdy! Great choice! I've had several most would classify as being further up the LP food chain, but this is the one that stayed.
View attachment 545199
Nice one! That's pretty much the one I have, aside from the pickups obviously. Some minor easthic differences too, apart from the finisg. Mine has a small black pickguard. I'm actually curious what it would look like without it, but I guess the screw holes would be too noticeable :/

Latest Threads