How would you feel if..

Scooter2112

Reaction score
thanks for you input <3

IF the case is he gets mad and wants to sue, im telling him that he is welcome to do so.
Since i've taken the picture while standing on a open road where everyone is welcome to be, and i have NOT been standing on private property :)

if i am standing on a road like that, i am allowed to take a picture though his kitchen window while he is standing naked, and share it (if i wanted of course. and NO, i aint doin' that! lol)

if he wont take the picture, im just gonna keep it myself haha

i have studied the law regarding photagraphy (at least some of it) as i do not want to do something illegal :)

Thanks for the compliment!
Just have the bull sign a model release, and you’re good to go.
Very moooooving photo, bro!

efstop

The dickens you say!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Technically, it's copyrighted as soon as you take the photo. It's a lot harder to prove though unless you embed the copyright and contact info in the metadata when you post it. Facebook may strip metadata though - I don't know
I downloaded one of my pics from Facebook and all the EXIF data is gone except for "copyright" and my name is shown. I have Irfanview set to always save EXIF on my pics, even if they've been edited. FB may keep that small bit after uploading.

MLP retains all the EXIF data.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Laggsspike,

i think you worry too much about this cow pic. It is of a rather exotic and rare breed — I can‘t remember the name as it has been 60 years since I have been a cattle rancher. But I don’t think any rancher who allows his herd to graze near a public road has any grounds to complain if somebody photographs his stock. When we raised and sold top dollar Black Angus breeding stock, we would often have potential buyers come around and take pics of our for sale stock. They would shop around, look ar their pics, and decide which bull they wanted. They always came back.

i don’t know if you intend to sell your photos, or merely share them. If you aren’t going to sell them, no prob with the rancher. If you are going to sell the pics, the worst thing is you might owe some of the proceeds to the rancher as royalties. But most likely, you would owe them to the cow! After, didn’t photograph the rancher!

Laggspike

Reaction score
Laggsspike,

i think you worry too much about this cow pic. It is of a rather exotic and rare breed — I can‘t remember the name as it has been 60 years since I have been a cattle rancher. But I don’t think any rancher who allows his herd to graze near a public road has any grounds to complain if somebody photographs his stock. When we raised and sold top dollar Black Angus breeding stock, we would often have potential buyers come around and take pics of our for sale stock. They would shop around, look ar their pics, and decide which bull they wanted. They always came back.

i don’t know if you intend to sell your photos, or merely share them. If you aren’t going to sell them, no prob with the rancher. If you are going to sell the pics, the worst thing is you might owe some of the proceeds to the rancher as royalties. But most likely, you would owe them to the cow! After, didn’t photograph the rancher!
I dont worry too much :)

I just want the farmer to be happy as a clam haha

I've been toying with the idea of selling my pictures one day, as stock photo's or prints or whatever i can come up with, but that's further down the line so to speak.

Since i have taken the picture out on an open road, the farmer cant do anything when and IF any issues should come up with royalties, pretty basically said: I've taken the picture, i own it 100% :)

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Cool, man. Glad you understand. I got out of the family ranching business in 61 when I went to college. In October, 61 an audit was done on the stock on the ranch, and there was one heifer that couldn’t be identified as to owner, and the ranch figured that it must be mine. I had her sold and took the proceeds and bought a Gibson guitar — and the rest is history.

Laggspike

Reaction score
Cool, man. Glad you understand. I got out of the family ranching business in 61 when I went to college. In October, 61 an audit was done on the stock on the ranch, and there was one heifer that couldn’t be identified as to owner, and the ranch figured that it must be mine. I had her sold and took the proceeds and bought a Gibson guitar — and the rest is history.
You can't go wrong with a Gibson! :D

You still got it? It must be a rather interesting date on it!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Sir, it is a 61 SG LP standard with side pull trem. No need to date it because I bought it new in Nov. 61 and still have it in near mint condition. I don’t play it much, because I play better (?) on some of my newer guitars that cost way less than $1K. But I keep her around for sentimental reasons. She sounds rather bad at low volumes, but absolutely sings at “big gig” volumes. Well, maybe there will be a day?

Laggspike

Reaction score
Sir, it is a 61 SG LP standard with side pull trem. No need to date it because I bought it new in Nov. 61 and still have it in near mint condition. I don’t play it much, because I play better (?) on some of my newer guitars that cost way less than $1K. But I keep her around for sentimental reasons. She sounds rather bad at low volumes, but absolutely sings at “big gig” volumes. Well, maybe there will be a day?
Sir, that sound like a wonderful guitar to have tho, and as you said, all she needs is some volume haha

I also have a few guitars that i dont play, but they are there for sentimental reasons, like the guitar that i got from my mom, and today shes gone.

Laggspike

Reaction score
Update: I promised my wife and i, that IF I get 1000 likes on this picture, i would print and frame it, and then give the picture to the farmers, and boy what a pleasant reaction to witness! The owners of the cow both were super stoked about the print, and they were SUPER happy about i came and surprised them with the gift, that contained both the print with the finest and best quality paper used and a beautiful frame to go with it. Was SOOOO worth it! Print and surprise people, its sooo much more fun and humbling experience!

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Lagg,I thought that would be the case. Ranchers are proud of their stock and are happy to know that others appreciate their animals too! At my former ranch, we were glad to give “city people aNd their kids“ a tour of the place, as they had never seen a working ranch.

Laggspike

Reaction score
Lagg,I thought that would be the case. Ranchers are proud of their stock and are happy to know that others appreciate their animals too! At my former ranch, we were glad to give “city people aNd their kids“ a tour of the place, as they had never seen a working ranch.
Ranchers should be proud of it too <3

They asked me about my phone number in case they wanted more pictures in the future, which i gave of course :D

The wife looked like the "scream" painting haha
Ment in the best way possible of course:D soo hilarious and humbling at the same time :D

freak

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a LOT of your pics on Facebook, but I must have missed this. Nice shot by the way.

Laggspike

Reaction score
I see a LOT of your pics on Facebook, but I must have missed this. Nice shot by the way.
hahaha yeah, i post pretty much every day :D
The original post i made about the cow, is currently about 4,8k likes and rising FAST lol
over 400 coments etc.. its just insane!

thanks mate!

Latest Threads